President Trump Optimism thread

But as she keeps insisting, she only misspoke by one word. One word!

That’s how you measure the severity of a lie, right? By how may words it’s removed from the truth?

That MSNBC Interview Was Not the First Time Kellyanne Conway Referred to the “Bowling Green Massacre”

Since this is the optimism thread, I’m optimistic that Trump won’t do anything incredibly stupid in response to North Korean missile test while I’m in Seoul.

This is a running gag. You can find any sample within any group that has no clue about history or current events. Makes for great television or biased polls, but is not generally representative. There’s even an article at 538 that specifically points at PPP’s methods and their bent.

Random thought thread, but better here: news media reports 51 percent support on Trump’s latest order that removes the ban on lawn darts.

Maybe we have this all backwards and someone from the future came back and saved us from the cataclysmic disaster of the Clinton presidency.

Must have been some cataclysm to make this the preferable timeline.

Well, usually these sorts of stories are about the dangers of attempting to change past timelines for the better…

A counter balance to the exact opposite on the House side of things.

So less than a month in and already a high-level resignation cough firing cough.

Something to be truly optimistic about. For all the bluster, Trump hasn’t accomplished much in the very important beginning of his administration. As a new President you don’t really get that much time to make big changes. It’ll only be a couple months until mid-term season kicks up and Congress will be focused on that.

If the first 25 days are any indication, we needn’t be too concerned, because Trump is too busy tripping over his own feet to actually do anything harmful.

Rumors abound that it was Pence that forced it to happen, because Flynn lied to him, and that Trump wanted to keep him on.

Man, I bet Pence must shake hands like a tilt-a-whirl.

The Director of the Secret Service is retiring on March 4.

Regardless of whether he has been planning this for months or just decided yesterday, I’m sure he’s really, really looking forward to retirement.

This was my sincere hope as well. His administration is far too incompetent to get anything done. And the GOP won’t care unless it starts costing them votes. Anyone in the white house to sign their agendas is good enough for them. As long as he signs their shit, they don’t care.

And when he actually does put out something, it is checked by the courts immediately.

I think the worst part will be how unstable our country will be for 4 years, leading to even slower economic growth.

Well, even better, he causes a complete distraction the entire time as well.

The problem, of course, is what he’s doing to international relations. And the effect of all the fucking whack jobs he’s appointed to head various agencies. And the areas where it serves the Republicans to enable him. Voter fraud reform? Sure.

A twitter feed that reflects exactly my state since November:

https://twitter.com/infinite_scream (hint: scroll down.)

This Flynn story is the beginning of the end for Trump. Out by January?

ONLY if GOP members of Congress think that the won’t get reelected. That, literally, is the only way that Trump is going anywhere. Right now, they don’t give a shit as long as he rubber-stamps their policies.

That’s not very optimistic!