President Trump Optimism thread

More people want Trump impeached (41%) than might vote for him for re-election (36%) according to a new NPC/Wall Street Journal poll.

Other nuggets from the poll - more than 60% think the country is headed in the wrong direction, despite the economy’s strength. 24% think 2017 was one of the country’s worst years, compared with 4% who think it was one of the best. Only 24% think the tax plan is a good idea, vs. 41% who think it’s a bad idea.

That’s what I figured. They probably hate the wingnuts and are tired of dealing with them. Fellate their donor masters and cash out, live in luxury and hope the angry mobs don’t lynch them, and go to their silent repose.

O beautiful… for spacious skies… for amber waves of grain…

Bring back the guillotine.

Those guys don’t get secret service protection after they leave office.

It hasn’t gotten to that point yet, but this appropriation of ever greater proportions of the social product will eventually cause the breakdown of social order. When that happens, all bets are off. I hope they’re not too surprised when heads start to roll (literally).

Isn’t that a win-win for them? Breakdown in the social order shows first with increased crime rates. And they get to campaign on being tough on crime again.

Makes a change from councils selling parks to private entities so they can keep up their Christian monuments.

I don’t often agree with WaPo Ruth Marcus but I do agree with this editorial and it is genuinely a reason for optimism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ive-never-loved-my-country-more/2017/12/22/bde30cca-e748-11e7-ab50-621fe0588340_story.html?utm_term=.7109b024a53b

Here, for me at least, is the comforting paradox of the age of Trump: I have never respected a president less, nor loved my country more…

And yet, I am thankful for Trump in this sense: He has unleashed my inner patriot. I love my country, for all its flaws and for all its flawed leader.

It is worth the fighting for. I knew this, always, on an intellectual level. The Trump presidency has made me feel it, viscerally and passionately. The ideals enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and implemented through the careful structures and capacious phrases of the Constitution do not merely compel our respect. In the Trump era, they require our passionate defense.

But… but… emails/Kenyan, etc.

I’m more scared that obama is the most admired guy over trump by a narrow margin

I’ll note that the sumof scores listed for men was 46%, so this must have been quite a wide field, with many sub 1% responses.

Even though Trump has a low profile honeymoon phase, he’s still in it. His supporters will do anything for him and still blame all the bad stuff on the previous administration.

Yeah. Donald Trump is the second most admired person? Cats/dogs/living/together etc.

It’s still only 14%, for a sitting president.
That’s probably pretty low.

Trump’s probably competing with a lot of likable Nazis.

Who couldn’t love this face???

Cops seem to have an extra special hate for anarchists.

Rich people can move to other countries if things go too much away from their liking. I’m sure a lot of places would take them in.