President Trump Optimism thread

To give you hope I went the other way. I started extremely right wing and then became radically left wing with age. I didn’t really stop in the middle at all.

I never say anything nice about Donnie, but I will say this: between the below and his gun control remarks, he’s gonna do more to destroy the hive of scum and villainy that is the_donald than anyone else. (Certainly he’s done more than the enablers who run Reddit.)

True, but the baseline where your ways get locked into shifts with each generation.

(grumpy old man) That’s what people said after Watergate, too. And then look what happened! (\grumpy old man)

I don’t care how old or wealthy I get, I’ll never turn into an asshole. Or not care about gun violence, immigrants, healthcare, etc.

Same. Grew up a Republican, but now I’m just about ready for Armando 2020!

I was raised a goody two shoes lil Catholic who knew The Gay was wrong and the Earth was 4,000 years old (my parents never got the memo that the Church accepts Evolution, by the way).

Then I read a bunch of science fiction, got a girlfriend who wanted to have sex, and logged onto the internet. Not necessarily in that order. Long and short of it, though?

I got better!

Yeah, I’ve been hearing for years how the Republican party is doomed because whites are becoming a lower percentage of voters, yet they control most of the state governments and all of the federal government.

The Republicans have a sound strategy. Get in power and pass repulsive stuff, and when the Democrats come back and take power then obstruct, obstruct, obstruct until the voters get frustrated and vote for new faces and vote Republicans back in.

Your insane orange horror clown president is up early and already tweeting and deleting

Yea, probably deleted because an aide told Trump it’s Alec… ALEC.

Also “dying”

Our Comannder in Cheif, folks.

PLEASE GOD LET IT BE 2020

And nevermind that Baldwin went on to say:

“If things don’t go in the right direction for the midterms … I could go out on the street, stand on any corner and tap 10 people on the shoulder. And all 10 of them, in all likelihood, would be more qualified — ethically, morally, intellectually and spiritually — than Trump.”

Be careful of what you wish for. It could be Oprah on a platform of junk science vs Trump. Id still vote for Oprah, but it would be a terrible, terrible choice.

In the White House right now: “Why can’t I nuke Alec Baldwin?? I’m the President dammit!”

These words were never spoken by anyone who later on turned into an asshole.

Ah, but I’m not too concerned about myself. Can’t speak for the rest of humanity though.

I find that as I get older I have less and less patience for utter incompetence and complete stupidity.

In the olden days, that probably would have meant I was becoming more conservative. Now, “utter incompetence and complete stupidity” is literally the definition of Conservative.