Qt3 Movie Podcast Pledge Drive/Listener's Choice Lottery

Wow, that’s so cool that Kelly Wand got an international writing gig. Congratulations, Kelly!

Thanks for telling me that, Christien. I’m glad you guys are sticking it out. I have been listening to the movie podcasts for a long time. I just enjoy hearing you three goof around. Every once in awhile it works out where I actually get to see the movie you’re presenting in the week it’s presented, but that’s rare. The opsis is arguably my favorite part even if I don’t get all the jokes. I have come to terms with the fact that I’ll never reach the movie nerd heights you guys have, but I like to think a little of the smart stuff Tom says about narratives work will rub off on me. And Christien, you’re just so unguarded about your reactions to movies. We’ve never met, but I feel like I already know you and that’s cool. With an attitude like that, you could write a really good memoir. I have come to admire the time you guys put into watching movies, but the commitment to the podcast is pretty significant too. Keep up the good work men!

So I completely forgot that there was a thread for the Podcast Pledge Drive/Listener’s Choice Lottery.

This year’s fundraiser is named “The 2017 Make Us Watch Whatever You Want Fundraiser” and it has officially kicked off.

For each dollar that you donate before March 12 you will get one vote to choose what movie the guys will watch and talk about for the March 19 Quarter to Three Movie Podcast. The draw to decide the movie will be done on the March 12 podcast.

For all the details, listen to the first couple of minutes of the John Wick: Chapter 2 podcast.

Good luck to everyone!

Is it worth pinning this?
As someone who listens to the podcasts in a really delayed manner I often won’t hear about this until the very end, and then my trolling has to be much less elaborate.

Does using the “Donate” button on the front page still work for this? The verbal instructions on the podcast said to direct donations to the 3x3 email address.

Just want to make sure that my dollars end up in the right place.

My guess is that it will go to the right place. I’m guessing there’s one paypal account and incoming donations with a note about how to vote will get calculated correctly, no matter how you access the paypal account.

Yes, the front page PayPal link goes to the same place. I just set up the 3x3 email as well because it would be easier for folks to remember.

And by the way, we’ll list all the movies that are submitted this weekend. I didn’t read them last weekend because there were only two!

-Tom

There’s defintely going to be another one, but it’s so hard to decide which. Am I going to punish you for tricking me into watching Transformers 4 by voting for transformers 2? Am I going to heed Dingus’ plea for an anime 'opsis? Am i going to vote for The Greasy Strangler because I want to drown the world in grease? There’s just too many options!

The 2017 Make Us Watch Whatever You Want Fundraiser is in full swing. Here is a list of the 33 picks so far, as of Sunday March 5 around midnight, California time.

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan
Sing Street
Time Lapse
Spirited Away
Maltese Falcon
Captain Fantastic
RedlIne
Kafka
Chan Is Missing
Arrival
Woodsman
Not Waving But Drowning
Millennium Actress
Tales of Prince’s? Tales of Princess? The Tale of Princess Kaguya? I can’t find a google entry for the first two.
Alien
A.I.
All About Eve
Armageddon
Paprika
Wild
American Psycho
12 Monkeys
Slap Shot
Big Trouble in Little China
The Hunt for Red October
The Shining
Crank: High Voltage
Brick
2001: A Space Odyssey
Midnight Run
Jaws
Raw
Stroszek

Dude, this is an incomplete list! I know some votes were added for, The Wire (Season 4).

Don’t make me ask congress for a special investigation into the vote.

I know your pain @TimElhajj. I keep voting for Season One for Tom’s monthly Patreon review. Hopefully one day the world will have a @tomchick who has seen some of The Wire.

hahah, yes! This was the motivation, absolutely! (This and the hope that I’ll draw some geek movie ire and get a mention on the podcast. :)

We shifted that vote over to the Qt3 Television Podcast. Oh, wait, that doesn’t exist. So your Wire votes were applied to the movie you picked. :)

Done and done!

-Tom

hahaha! yes

It must come at the end, because I’m pretty sure I’m cut out in the middle of the 3x3 last night. I will find out tonight.

From what I have heard from another podcast listener, the anime push is for real and there have been even more anime votes submitted.

“The informant is real.”

-xtien

That’s a great list!

Just made a small contribution in the hopes of hearing the crew discuss a New Hollywood classic. :)

I can confirm this particular information.

-Tom

Just a reminder that there are only a few hours left to vote for this year’s fundraiser.

I donated, but maybe too late? In any case, Tom and pals will get some moolah for NOT WRETCHED ANIME.

Thank you so much, Hal9000, for donating. Very cool of you. The deadline is tonight at midnight, Pacific Standard Time, so it’s not too late.

Thanks again.

-one of the pals