Quantum Break - Remedy, time-slips, and a TV soap opera

Hmmm ok

Seriously, fuck act 5 of this shitty, shitty game.

Edit: credits roll 2 hours later. Immediately uninstalled.

I finished and liked this game.

I wouldn’t buy it at full price, but I thought the time angle was quite interesting in environments and powers, and I swear to god the intro was the best “CRAZY SCIENCE SHIT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN” I’ve seen in a game since Half-Life.

I do recommend picking this up on sale, though, unless you hate the concept.

The story, graphics, and sound were all good or better. The gun mechanics were a SERIOUS letdown, and the ‘circle enemies until you can get a well timed time-shift off’ mechanic was horrible. I recommend the experience at $20 or less just because of the serial experiment but be prepared to hate the mechanics.

Steam release in less than a month

I guess those couple thousand (if that) copies sold on windows store just didn’t cut it.

Hopefully Forza Horizon 3 will see Steam+Retail release right away.

So far, the Windows Store for gaming is a complete dead end. No one buys anything there.

Also, from Remedy’s Twitter:

[quote]
To clarify, the Steam and retail version of @QuantumBreak run on Windows 7 and up (64-bit). #quantumbreak[/quote]

yeah it uses dx11. I hope it also includes dx12 so we can compare.

and yeah winstore is a total wasteland, deservedly so

I really liked Quantum Break as an experience. If you can get it for, say, $20 or $15 I think it’s well worth that.

Awesome. I’ve been tempted to pick this up on the Windows store because it seemed interesting to me and I’ve liked Remedy’s past games. But I couldn’t convince myself to get it there - on Steam, I’m in!

Not sure if this has any connection to the incoming Windows 7/Steam version, but it seems the Win10/WinStore version will no longer be supported.

ROFL! Windows 10 store FTW!

Money talks and bullshit walks - the customers are not on, or moving to, Windows store. I eagerly await MS spin on the impending DX11/Win7/Steam launch.

I’ll buy this game for $5 maybe. After all of the bad reviews, drama and port issues, i don’t think i can justify paying more, especially if future support is questionable.

Keep in mind that all live-action cutscenes are streamed. The XBox One had the option to download those instead of streaming, but that option wasn’t available in the WinStore version, and apparently won’t be there in the Steam version:

Oh, not really any word yet on whether Win10 store owners need to re-buy it of they want DX11/Steam/continued support.

Oooh that’s a nasty situation. Quantum Break is a one-and-done game though. I don’t see people playing it for years afterward in multiplayer or whatever.

I still stand by my original assertion: this is some of the best bullshit videogame science scenes I’ve played since Half-Life 1. I was impressed.

Stream them from Riot? If that is the case, it would certainly call in to question whether you could play the game a few years from now…

This seems dumb. Just dumb. The little interest i had in this game is gone.

I can see this on the xbone, but do they not realize how cheap hard drive space is these days? I imagine this is just an anti piracy measure more than anything else.

Remedy says they’re not abandoning the Win10/UWP version.

Hint: They’re totally abandoning the UWP version.

Its unlikely we release another Win10 patch

This man is terrible at his job.

updates made to QB on Steam will also be released for the Win10 version and vice versa. That should be a given.

Damage control, of course.