Rage 2 - Bethesda and Avalanche witness me

Not my experience with AMD. It looked lovely, with next to no pop-in.

Rage 1 is still gorgeous yep yep yep

Literally artworks come to life, I would not mind more megatextured games :(

There were a couple more right? But only id had the money and commitment to get it looking that good :)

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars used it, which seems odd because it was a bunch of brown and grey.

I imagine it’d depend on when you played it back then. Upon release, it was definitely broken for AMD players. The game world looked like one big blurry smudge for most AMD card owners, due to the megatexture mip-chain tech not working properly unless you manually modified some files.

Once it was working, it was gorgeous - again, unless you got up close to stuff.

I might have been a bit later then. AMD cards were neglected a lot as I recall. That’s actually why I switched after that, though I felt a little guilty. Fingers crossed for Navi :)

While we are at it…

Why do we even continue using the most idiotic of all keybinds for movement - W A S D.
That leaves what, 4 keys for your pinky to touch? Tab, Caps, Shift, Ctrl. … So much wasted potential for keybindings by defaulting to those.

Sure, it might have worked when we played Doom 1 on a keyboard back in the 1880s, but back then, you didn’t use the arrow keys and spacebar, so WASD wasn’t even used.

So many of us have this hard-wired in our muscle memory by now that I’m betting very very few every change it even when you can fully rebind keys.

Ahh the 1880’s when PCs were still made with quality wood.

/preventative_maintenance_START

We have a very lovely thread on alt-WASD fetishes already

A couple, in fact

/preventative_maintenance_END

Mac isn’t kind and doesn’t hold back… He does like the FPS parts.

Loves it but hates it, lol. :D

Also here is Tom’s 2 hour stream from last night.

I finished the game tonight. The campaign is staggeringly short, or at least it feels that way. I played through the game on Hard difficulty, but I should have opted for Nightmare (or whatever the hardest difficulty is called). The game is much too easy, even on Hard mode. I never had to juggle weapons or ammo at any point, since you can easily defeat everything in the game with just an assault rifle, and ammo is more than plentiful.

The combat had potential, but because there really was no reason at all to mix it up with special abilities or different weapons, it was left up to the player to decide if they wanted to go about things in a less efficient way for the sake of fun and diversity.

Anyway, I haven’t decided if I’ll try again on Nightmare difficulty, but maybe the hardest difficulty will force some thought and decision making into my approach to certain encounters, so that could actually make a redo worth it. All I know right now is Doom Eternal can’t come soon enough.

P.S. the ugly old lady that runs the Brawl TV arena things is without a doubt the most revolting character I’ve ever seen in a video game, bar none.

Rage 2’s already 55% off on CD Keys, which is one of the biggest discounts I’ve ever seen this close to launch. I hope Avalanche’s new owner are supportive and they survive these recent commercial disappointments. I loved their Mad Max game a whole, whole lot.

Well, it’s really 42.5% off ($34.49), compared to the price at Bethesda ($59.99) and Steam. It’s only 55% off compared to CDKey’s price of $76.79. I suppose it contains the pre-order DLC, which was free before launch, but you could say is worth more money now, but eh.

Still, $34.49 is a pretty good price. I’m tempted, especially after reading the pretty good impressions of the game in this thread.

Ah, good job pointing that out, as I was basing it off NZ’s pricing, where the game’s $115 on Steam and just $53 on CDKeys.

So I picked that up and found that Paypal gave me a $20 credit for signing up for their credit line… so $13. Not bad. Especially as it seems pretty good so far :)

A bit further in and still having a great time… under-rated game if this holds up…

Seriously. How did this not get fixed?

Patches take time!

Most streams I’ve watched of Rage 2, people just shoot crates open.

Holding a button to climb a ladder is fine, holding a button to press a button seems… odd.