Rage 2 - Bethesda and Avalanche witness me

FC driving is quite fun - it’s the only similar game I can think of where it’s in first person. The wacky races in FC4 were also a good time.

Ubigames are about the journey man :)

I read that the new Just Cause 4 had the worst driving feel and physics of any game ever.

So thats not good.

Yeah, this is what I do in Wildlands all the time. On foot? Mouse and keyboard. ANY vehicle? Gamepad.

I really hope that is not the case.

…watching the video, it doesn’t look terrible. I hope there will be some (optional) headbob in final version though, because right now it looks like controlling a floating steadycam. (yes I know some people hate headbob or get sick from it or whatever, that is why I want it to be optional).

Well Rage 1 had to have OK driving since the player needed some way to cross massive empty open spaces while megatextures slowly popped into view turning distant toothpaste smears into rendered mountains.

Ugh… IGN’s comments make me question even getting this once it hits Bargain Bin prices.

I hate them stupid slaughter funhouse type rooms.

Damn, IGN. Stop throwing cold water on me. That video make the game sound terrible, but the gunplay in the video actually LOOKS good. Not a fan of the setting, like the funhouse-whatever rooms mentioned above, but the actual gameplay looks good. It’s just too bad it sounds like it’s wrapped in a poorly structured world.

I just love these types of run & gun shooters more than any other, and they seem so few and far between today thanks to the prevalence of mandatory online co-op games and masturbatory military shooters with low TTK.

New video. I’m really underwhelmed by the trashfire aesthetic but the hover bike was cool enough. I think flight is now de rigeur for open worlds. I also like the little bit of foliage towards the end. More of that and less desert would be nice.

I only watched the first 1:45, but man that looks incredible. Throwing the power up to lift the guy up in the air, and then shoot that weapon and that sends him into the stratosphere? It brings back memories of Mass Effect 1.

Wingstick remains pretty awesome.

I wonder if this will eventually come to Steam, I hate not having all the games in one location.

One thing I can’t find after a few quick searches - is Rage 2 a “loot” game with randomized attributes, like Borderlands/etc., or are the weapons fewer in number and more bespoke designs like DOOM?

I hadn’t even thought this might be another dumb loot game :( Even if it does give me a chance to say shlooter again :) I think it’ll be the old style of shooter though, where there are about 7 weapons and you only ever use three :)

Well you have the previous weapons and the new superpowers.

That is probably the best trailer I have seen for this game yet.

Nice.

Agreed. I played it with the sound off. That looks so good. It’s like DOOM 2016 meets Just Cause 2.

Lots of new weapon footage. Apparently many weapon designers in that world intend wielders to forgo actual aiming and just shoot at the sky.

After playing tons of Just Cause 4 for the last day or so, Rage 2 looks oddly strikingly similar to Just Cause 4 in several ways, especially explosions and terrain.

You’re missing out on a remix of some Led Zeppelin song.

It really is! I went from “maybe I’ll wait for a sale” to checking the price on the collectors’ edition (… which is $120. Good grief, no).