Random thought thread!

Dude, that’s not even the best Squeeze song!

There’s lots to choose from. I think it really bubbled to the top for me when Difford and Tillbrook performed it as part of a radio interview they did with CFNY singing with just a single acoustic guitar for accompaniment. It was brilliant, and this was before the whole “unplugged” thing was a thing,

I’d go with “Black Coffee in Bed.”

I had never heard of The Squeeze until MTV came out and played the hell out of their music videos.

In the United States and Canada, the band and album were dubbed UK Squeeze owing to legal conflicts arising from a contemporary American band called “Tight Squeeze”. The “U.K.” was dropped for all subsequent releases. In Australia, the same name change was used due to legal conflicts arising from an existing Sydney-based band also called “Squeeze”. Albums in Australia were credited to UK Squeeze up to and including 1985’s Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti .

There was also a band named UK, in the UK, from ~1977-1980, so more confusion. They had an amazing lineup.

I wonder if the guys in The Charlatans U.K. were really mad at those guys, and they were all, “Hey, let’s just call our band U.K.! What do you mean there’s already a band with that name? … well, I’ll show them.”

That has got to be the trippiest violin solo I’ve ever seen.

I saw them when they opened for Jethro Tull in Shea Stadium. The place was a madhouse. There were a couple of cops next to the row I was in. I asked them if they could just make people sit down. So they did. Then we shared a few bowls of hash. Yes, with the cops. It was a different time.

Allow me to introduce you to Dixie Dregs then

Ah, hash. I only used it a few times because it’s hard to get in the US.

The lead guitarist of the Dixie Dregs joined Kansas for an album when Kerry Livgren left for awhile.

I saw Squeeze open for Elvis Costello. It was great.

One of our little group was called Murray the Dealer. So we knew a guy. ;)

Was he a disembodied skull that mostly just insulted people?

Only when we indulged in certain chemicals.

If I die and my dogs have to eat me to survive. I have no problem with that. I love my doggos. Have at me you guys. Happy to serve you. Start with the face, it’s very tender.

What if the situation were the reverse? Does A1 Steak Sauce go well with dog? BBQ? You’re not one of those people who put ketchup on everything are you?

Mondongo is best with some lime so to be extra tasty I’d say ingest a whole bunch right before.

I am willing to accept that dog might not taste horrible. Puppies if not full-grown dogs.