Random thought thread!

Can I win? I’ve never heard the song until I clicked your link.

Wow, that’s kind of nuts. You’re certain you’ve never heard it? I’d say you win, unless some aboriginal dude from deepest Africa or the Australian Outback shows up tomorrow to claim the prize.

I’ll listen again. I didn’t come to the US till 89 so early 80s stuff I don’t know. I didn’t know who Paul McCartney was. My friends always tease me and make a big deal of these things.

edit: Okay nevermind, I have heard it.

But… but… neither of those things - Wham! or Sir Paul McCartney - are American things. Are you from deepest Africa?

I honestly don’t know if I’ve heard the song, since I automatically tune out all Christmas songs, as they all start running together into one big festival of … crap. Whatever. People call me Scrooge. From Africa.

But I CAN say that I have never before seen the accompanying video.

Wow, I’ve never heard this song before. (I work in retail too!) Is it more of a British thing?

This one is super annoying however:

Oh it’s Christmas. Time to watch Love Actually.

This may be the single worst song ever written. I hate it with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

Yes, I did work retail years ago, why do you ask… OH COME ON. How many versions of Rudolph do we really need?

Here is a song I heard for the first time last Christmas:

It is okay and kind of interesting. Eventually it will piss me off like all Christmas music does, though.

PS. The guy in the top right corner of the cover has an epic unibrow.

[edit]

This is kinda cool too.

I heard many times that George Michael had a ubiquitous Xmas song, but I never knowingly heard it until I was over 40 and my gf pointed it out. I think I just heard it as background music before then, and I probably wouldn’t recognize it even now. Same with that Slade song that’s so big in England. It’s in one ear and out the other.

I explained my son very early on that yelling strings of bad, bad words is how daddy cries.

I can’t post in the russian P&R thread… but everything else is ok. Not even a “12345” post.

You Russian bot you!

cyka blyat!

Plokhoy bot!

Whelp I did my annual toy donation. This time I gave to the Grange Co-op drive instead of the salvation army. Pokemon cards, coloring books, a purse, some hot wheels but the big one I hope some kid likes is this:

I got him months ago at a fairly steep discount and let him hang out in my garage for months. My 4 year old nephew would have liked this but he has no shortage of toys and has a big kitchen set his grandpa gave him too.

As everyone knows the perfect breakfast sandwich is:

2 eggs
Extra cheese
Bacon

On a toasted, buttered Kaiser roll.

The problem is getting a real Kaiser roll around here. Add it to the list of things NYC does best.

It’s definitely got to be up there with traffic and funny accents.

2 Eggs? Why two?

Because three was too many. :)