Recommend Me a PC Game Please

Awesome! I thought something of that nature had happened. Was nice to return to however.

I don’t think I coined it, truth be told.

You go girl!

I just wanted to add another suggestion for Shadow Warrior 2. I didn’t like the first one at all, but LOVED the second one. It captured many of the best aspects of character-action games like Bayonetta or Dark Souls in first-person, which is a thing I thought was impossible. I really don’t like the first person perspective, but SW2 got me right over that hump.

I finished up both Space Marine and Uncharted 2, so that felt good to actually play the games I buy. I think playing Shadow Warrior 2013 a level at a time will get me through that one too. Playing too much of that game at once makes it get stale quickly.

I missed the sale on the second one (third one?) and picked it up anyway. I don’t have the mental fortitude to face Prey so soon after Dishonored 2, and the CODIW campaign got me in the mood for simple pleasures :)

I am almost finished Dishonored 2, what game should I start next? :D

• Homefront The Revolution
  • PREY (2017)
  • Mafia 3

0 voters

Mafia has a demo does it not? I think Prey will feel a bit like Dishonored so I vote Homefront for something different.

There’s a Mafia 3 demo on PS4. Not sure if it’s on PC, though.

I voted for Homefront. I was pleasantly surprised by it and made some comments in the Homefront thread. That said, I haven’t played Prey.

Homefront has had a lot of praise as of late, but PREY is winning the vote and is on a lot of peoples GOTY list! I’ll leave my poll open till I finish Dishonored 2 this week.

I’m going through the backlog and trying to prioritize my top picks by genre.

Here is my order for 1st person based on what I know about the games. Could you either pick the ones you recommend and or make a post with your own prioritized list? Thanks!

• Sniper Elite 4 Gold
  • The Long Dark
  • Prey: Mooncrash
  • Subnautica
  • Shadow Warrior 2
  • Immortal Redneck

0 voters

Here is my order for 3rd person games based on what I know about the games. Could you either pick the ones you recommend and or make a post with your own prioritized list? Thanks!

• Uncharted 4
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Launch
  • Zelda Breath of the Wild
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
  • Republique
  • Zombie Army Trilogy
  • Binary Domain

0 voters

I started Hellblade last night myself, it’s really interesting and I think it’s fairly short.

Here is my order for platformers based on what I know about the games. Could you either pick the ones you recommend and or make a post with your own prioritized list? Thanks! I’m close to finishing Hollow Knight - so I plan on finishing that - if I’m capable.

• Snake Pass
  • Waking Mars
  • Spelunky
  • Poi
  • The Adventure Pals

0 voters

I like how you have five well received first person games, then what the heck is Immortal Redneck?

I liked Waking Mars a lot, it’s kind of a no-combat Metroid. I played on an iPhone but I’m sure the experience is much the same.

I hated Shadow Warrior 2. Terrible inventory UI and a constant stream of small incremental upgrades means you spend more time wrestling with the abomination they call user interface rather than slicing or shooting enemies. Which isn’t that satisfying either, it feels like the weapons are made out of plastic, no feedback whatsoever.

First one was a much better game.

My verdict is SKIP.

I got it free - I think part of Twitch Prime or something.

Here is my order for adventure games based on what I know about the games. Could you either pick the ones you recommend and or make a post with your own prioritized list? Thanks!

• What Remains of Edith Finch
  • SOMA
  • Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
  • Tacoma
  • Orwell: Ignorance is Strength
  • Kentucky Route Zero
  • observer_

0 voters