Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Jeez dude, I’m still in chapter four myself but there’s been some seriously disturbing crap happen in this one. But no, I don’t imagine there’s a happy ending for too many of these folks.

Ha, I didn’t even think of that!

I released him, only to encounter him again later on, once again in cuffs. Great thing about this game is: it remembers you have met before, and acknowledges that by having Arthur comment on the guy getting caught yet again. Which leads to some wonderful dialogues. Same with the snakebite guy, and possibly others…

I also ran into the same shackled guy again. But the second snakebite guy was a different one.

This game frustrates me sometimes. So I ran into him too, shot the chains, and went to talk to him but instead raised my gun and he ran off. Having the point/ raise gun and talk to people on the same trigger is stupid.

I took an escaped prisoner back to the sheriff’s office in Rhodes and… nothing happened. No reward, not even an acknowledgement from the sheriff. Immersion broken.

Horse autopilot is dangerous up north!

Somehow last night my horse hits a rock and ejects me a good 10 feet, then where I land I somehow aggro a nearby bear and get killed!

OMG, so I made my way up there last night. Gorgeous area, beautiful Elk! The Waterfall makes me jealous! So that took some of the sting out of the fact I only found one berry plant and it wouldn’t let me eat it. I had to pick it to “examine” it and that was it. I needed a second plant so I could have the option to eat it, but to no avail.

How long til these things regrow?

Oh hey, if you guys find a moose let me know where you see it, ok? I’m at least halfway through chapter 4 and I’ve yet to see a moose with antlers in the world. And the antlers part is important because that’s the only camp upgrade I’m missing.

I saw one near Owanjila Dam.

And you’re sure it wasn’t just an elk? Because they look a lot alike! I’m desperate, man.

Also, I made the acquaintance of Algernon Wasp last night and holy crap, he wants me to go collect more stuff for him! I think this may be the most collectingest video game that ever was.

Damn I wish I’d seen this a few days ago. I saw a Moose and I was like, “HEY A MOOSE!”, but I have no idea where the heck I was. I didn’t know they were rare so I didn’t pay attention.

Damn, now you have me doubting. I thought the text said moose, but this was a week ago. Don’t want to make you hike over there to check, and find out I’m wrong.

It’s not a huge deal, I’ll probably be back over that way doing some other crazy thing. But I’ve been checking all the places I would expect to find a moose and just no luck. I have one moose icon on my map, and it’s a little west of Valentine, but I’ve been all over that area and while I’ve seen a couple of moose, none have antlers. Maybe they’re female or something, and I just have the worst luck.

I’ve seen and hunted moose way up north, past Annesburg, almost to the border. Just be mindful of the Murfree brood. Those guys freak me out, moreso than the Nite Folk.

Yeah, been up there and even killed the legendary moose! Just can’t find a regular one.

Speaking of the Murfree gang, they’ve hassled me a bunch but they rarely actually attack. One time they came to me while I was camped and threatened me! I was just cooking something and they walked up and accosted me, told me not to come back. Another time they stopped me on the road, threatened me and said they would have “fun” with me and my horse if they saw me again. But both times they let me go.

Speaking of gangs, I was looking at the compendium and noticed I’d not only discovered but killed 5 members of a gang I don’t recall coming across. I don’t remember the gang name but believe it was Spanish sounding. I’m guessing this is part of the story and occurred prior to the events at Blackwater?

It will be Flaco Hernandez (one of the gunslinger missions). He and his guys are part of the Del Lobos(?) gang.

Aha! I forgot about those guys!