Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

While I didn’t have the patience for the grin and bear it trophy and the two for skinning and studying every animal I did just get the It’s Art hidden trophy. Required finding and resetting the squirrel statue 6 times.

Quick question, are the Deluxe or Ultimate editions significant in this game? Those are both slightly discounted on the PlayStation store until tomorrow, though the regular game is still full price.

Here’s a good breakdown.

I didn’t think the extra content sounded like it was worth the extra money.

As someone who bought the special edition (though I forget which), it’s probably not worth the money. I know there was some additional gear and one additional mission, but those are both going to be a drop in the bucket compared to the content in the main game. I’m just kind of a sucker for special editions.

Anyone else unable to sell the Legendary Bison Horn to the Fence at Emerald Ranch (and thus unable to get the associated trinket)?

I think you are supposed to sell it to the Trapper, to make the trinket available at the Fence?

[quote=“mjgreeny75, post:2542, topic:137514, full:true”]

Well, I sold the pelt to the trapper, of course, but he wouldn’t buy the horn either. But back at the fence it turned out that for the associated trinket for the Legendary White Bison requires a couple more parts, neither of which I have yet. Just having the horn in the inventory seems to count.

Ah, ok.

I still think it’s quite annoying that there is no way to know what parts (trinkets and pelts alike) you still need, except when you are actually trading (or keeping a spreadsheet on the side). That, and the fact that I keep having to change my hunting knife for my antler knife because the game just will not remember I prefer the latter, are my major problems with an otherwise great game!

OK, I finally made it to the first epilogue, and I have a couple of questions:

I thought that all I lost of Arthur’s were his horses and his cash, but it looks like I don’t have any of his sweet outfits or guns either? This really bites. Any tips? I made a point to keep a number of valuables in the satchel in order to provide John with some startout funds, and those are still there.

Let me just say, go a little further. You won’t get everything back, but just about.

OK, I played till the point where Abigail leaves with Jack, and he seems to have found all the guns, but alas, still none of the old outfits-- do they ever come back? BTW does anyone know what happens if Arthur goes back to the cave for the money at the end instead of sticking with John?

I was curious about that as well.

I went back, the area is reclaimed by Murfrees gang. Didn’t find the money. But uh, there’s a reason for that, and I’ll say no more.

Since it was suggested below. I don’t think it’s a spoiler, but just in case others do:

Whether you go back for the money or not makes no material difference to the epilogue with John. It only makes a little difference with the end of Arthur’s story. I’ll leave it at that.

I would have spoiler tagged or said along the lines of the choice affecting the end of Chapter 6 while not affecting the Epilogue.

Just moved into Chapter 5. As much as I love this game, I have a major pet peeve. I get the guns I’m going to need in a mission, then when in the mission my weapons are randomly changed. Argh!

Oh yeah, I remember that bothering me as well, especially when I wasn’t near my horse to get my preferred gear back in time for the action to start. Maddening.

I had a mission towards the end of chapter 4, I intentionally grabbed my Springfield and semi-auto shotgun, made sure I had my two preferred handguns, all with the right loadouts.

Somehow after one of the cutscenes one of my two semi-auto pistols is replaced with a cattleman’s revolver, my semi-auto shotgun is just gone, and my Springfield has been replaced with the weakest repeater. Of course, if you die in a big mission and restart the checkpoint, I think it just gets rid of most of your guns and randomly replaces what’s left.

I will say I was kinda enjoying the start from scratch mode of the first part of Chapter 5, won’t say more.

I could probably just play this game for hours and do nothing but hunt and tame horses. I kind of get annoyed when the story gets in my way.

Hey, so in the epilogues, when John makes it to Armadillo, which is a total s-hole thanks to the many epidemics they have going on, why do the residents say things to him like “Are you back to cause more trouble?” etc.?