Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Them kids are gonna enjoy Deadwood in a few years!

I’m already getting some minor, friendly pressure about double dipping for this game so a third person can join us on PC. I feel like I need to finish the PS4 version first though… planned for the holidays.

This like the Witcher 3 doesn’t need mods. I just hope the PC controls are a bit better than the gamepad ones. Dear god some of their control choices for this game were just horrific. I played through the entire game and was STILL fumbling with the darn controls.

Nothing like coming back to the game after a 2-3 week break and the first thing you do by accident is punch your horse.

Yeah, was that in there before? I punched my horse last night accidentally, feelsbadman.

Its been in since release. First time I did it last year, my horse kicked me off a mountain. Which was sort of impressive to see.

I’ve probably done it another 5-6 times. :(

I loved the game and played it through in its entirety, but c’mon, you’re telling me you enjoyed crafting one freaking special bullet and potion at a time? I’d rather avoid that tedium on a second playthrough.

I usually love crafting in games. I would skip it in this one. Just let me gather the stuff, also how come it takes like 6 hours to do a couple rounds of blackjack? Just pause time when i am in there man.

I dunno, I kinda like that people mill around, get drunk, pass out, and new people come in, as night turns to day and I get my poker on. I’ve gone in when the sun is setting and come out squinting into the dawn on more than one occasion.

Though in my last playthrough I must have pissed off a courtesan in St. Dennis because she kept throwing shade over my shoulder whenever I was at the poker table. I guess that was her spot, by the table.

“That’s a rude one over there.”

Here is the most tense minigame in RDR2.

Get a bounty level, say between $100-200 or so. Now, go fishing in that territory. Turn your map off.

Now enjoy the fishing… if you can! You’ll have to pay close attention to the music and such and maybe even put away the pole occasionally to check the map. Keep on fishing right up to the last minute when they are almost on you. One last fish! Then fight them in a pitched battle, usually in or around a body of water.

That tension level ratchets right up when you hear the bad guy music/wood block music or whatever that is.

I like it too but it seems like I lose an entire day instead of an entire night playing these games, and the money is so low most the time too that it’s barely worth it. I would love to have more time to just screw around and not feel penalized for doing it. I could be hunting! Camp can’t seem to feed itself.

I love it when the register says things like: Tilly … bird feather … $.50

Come on Tilly! Yeah, it does seem like they suck at feeding themselves. I came back to an all red camp once and Pearson was standing on his table ranting about how there was no food and he “can’t cook air” and how lazy everyone was.

Damn, didn’t realize this game was so realistic.

I wouldn’t mind a mod that lets me toggle rain on and off. I love the rain in RDR2.

I’m glad (and surprised) I managed to hold off on caving and buying the console version. It’s been a long wait, but I’m so excited to finally play this in a few weeks. I pre-ordered it on the Rockstar Launcher, which I presume both EGS and Steam will launch to anyway when you start the game.

I might re-install GTA 3 or Vice City, which I’ve never played on PC before.

I have been playing this game for gosh, probably over a hundred hours now, but still have some basic questions that remain unanswered:

1. Is there any way to put the lamp on your belt while holding a two handed weapon? Or hang it off the gun? Or put it on your horse? I have heard references to this but have no found a consistent way to do this. It would be great to light up the dark without using one of your hands. He only seems to put the lantern on his belt when picking up a carcass.

2. Is there a way to have two of your own saddled horses at the same time? When I go hunting I want two saddled horses so I can put game on either side for a fuller load. However there doesn’t seem to be a way to saddle up your own horse or even have two of your own horses at the same time. the only solution seems to be to steal a saddled horse, bond with it, and use it temporarily. If you ever stable it it loses its saddle. How do you have two saddled horses without stealing one?

Actually laughed out loud at this.

PC version trailer looking just… visually stunning.

IIRC you simply equip the starter lantern and then equip a gun. And in RDO, there’s also a fantastic horse lantern you can unlock and permanently attach to the front of your horse, after leveling up in the Collector role.

Hmm. That trick didn’t seem to work.

Online is completely unplayable due to disconnects, FYI. Sucks to get a pelt or something and then it just drops you.