Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Maybe he was “loyal” but he’s still an obvious psychopath pretty early on and a danger to the group if not an out and out threat. By the end his actions in the high honor ending just seem out of character to me.

I haven’t played this game online at all, but has anyone tried a fishing focused way of making money? Good write up here from last year:

How do you make me interested in RDR? Make it look like a city builder.

I’d want that game too.

This is pretty cool - Benjamin Davis, the actor who plays Dutch van der Linde, shared this post his mother made about her experience playing RDR2.

My ineptitude with the controller prevented me from keeping my horse on a steady keel and caused me to make awful mistakes. I would unintentionally punch my horse or jump off it when I meant to jump on.

No, that’s just RDR2. I would toss into the ring accidentally shooting harmless charlatans in the gut when I just wanted to buy their treasure map.

In any other game I would have just laughed, but the sounds, voice acting, and motion capture were all to such a level I for a very brief period of time felt absolutely horrified.

That is cool.

Every time someone shows up and say something like voice actors don’t matter, or writing doesn’t matter in games I think of the number of games that would be so, so different if there was a different or lesser talent in those roles… this is one of them.

This was fantastic. Thanks for sharing it!

Yep, it’s a pretty viable source of early game income, although once you unlock trader you’ll want to switch over. That writer is right about everything he says, although personally I preferred the Dakota River for salmon, trout and bass. The Thieves Landing creeks are pretty good too. One great strat involves setting up camp near or on your fishing spot, and fast traveling your goods back and forth to the butcher.

Edit: Oh I forgot another strategy. Sturgeon appear 20 feet or so from the Blackwater butcher, so you can run back and forth and make money pretty quick that way, too. Cheesy and kinda mind-numbing after awhile, but effective.

That was really something, thanks for sharing.

They must have added a photo mode in the last few weeks or something, it’s accessable from the pause menu now.

For the PC? It was there the whole time I played the PS4 version, I think. This is probably my favorite shot that I took with it:

Photo mode has been in the PC version since late last year at least. I think I found it the day I bought the game.

Wow…

Took this one of Arthur feeding his horse.

Amazing.

So, I guess the PC version of this is still super buggy or something? Figured I’d wait awhile to start this to let Rockstar get all the kinks out, and a) it tells me I need to have NVidia driver 442.29, yet the latest I can find is 442.19. And then, after starting it anyway, the game CTD after finishing the first mission (where you ‘recruit’ Sadie), and I have to play that whole, long mission again.

I mean, WTF, Rockstar? Just damned terrible.

BTW - I did do a bit of searching, and found a way to d/l and install a hotfix that took up up to 442.37. Still shouldn’t have to do that. If a game requires a later driver than what’s available through the app or the latest listed on the online site, then wait to post the fix until the driver is available. Just not that hard.

The photo mode is fun to play around with