Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

The only repeats I’ve seen have been with the snake bite (which was clearly the same person and remarked upon), and the bear trap.

I hope I get a repeat of the bear trap. When I came across him I screwed it up and let the guy die and felt horrible about it. Also I want my free loots if and when I get to save him again.

I accidentally shot him in the chest the first time, which I found quite traumatic. Second time I saved him.

I have now saved Mr. Snakebite 3 times, with the third time playing out identically to the second time. Kinda disappointing after they went to all the effort to acknowledge the second time. I do feel bad costing the idiot almost $100 for a fancy new outfit, was totally expecting him to give me shit when I walked out of the general store.

I saw some guys on a chain gang, who then attacked the guards.

I tried to save the guards by shooting the prisoners, but they managed to kill the guards just as I fired my last shot.

Arthur just said, “Welp… guess everyone got what was coming to them.”

I had a funny encounter in Strawberry, found two guys loitering outside a window who split when they saw me. So of course I go up to the window to see what the fuss was and I see a half-dresses woman who naturally sees me and assumes I’m a peeping Tom and then grabs a shotgun which she unloads in my direction. “I probably deserved that”, Arthur mused as I hightailed it out of there.

That’s hilarious!

I came across a Chinese work crew extending the railway and it took all of my self control to refrain from shooting the foremen and freeing my fellow countrymen. I’ll be back to settle up later after I’m through playing honorably.

I broke down and bought the Official Guide Collector’s Edition. Kind of expensive, but it’s really beautiful. The last book like this I bought was the one for Dark Souls, and this one is of like quality.

Lots of great info, I’ll have to be wary of looking at too many spoilers.

I really like the guide, I was reading through the mechanics of the game and it’s packed full of info. I do wish the weapons section had thoughts/musings/opinions on the different weapons, rather than simply stating their stats and availability (the latter of which is handy, but not really useful information without knowing how good a given weapon might be first).

RE: House , Father and 2 sons.

I eventually took them lumber near the end of chapter 2, never gave him cash directly, revisited the house in chapter 3 and the place was done and the father was waiting for me there with payment.

Hah! Finally got that white Arabian from up north! Named him/her ‘Blizzard’ based on where she was.

One thing - the game was really not helpful in terms of telling you how to stay on a bucking horse. Doing that in RDR was never bad. You could fall off, but I was probably successful 90% of the time. Here - it took FOREVER to realize you have to hold the left stick down (like you’re walking toward the screen), and not push in on L3 while also leaning left/right. Just terrible instructions. Once I figured that out - first time success.

Haven’t had much time to play but this game is giving me some serious motion sickness which the first game did not. Playing on Xbox One ans seems like the frame rate slows when I am going in and ouf buildings and turning, when the camera pans. Not an issue in the open spaces outdoors.

Oh, wow, I got lucky because I totally read that as push in rather than down. Although it would explain why it took me so many tries. Maybe the game took pity…

So I ran into some klansmen at night and got to enjoy quite a spectacle. Then I ran into a few more a day or so later. I’d meant to leave them alone in hopes of seeing more of their misadventures but I couldn’t help myself and lassoed the imperial grand wizard.

I’ve been dragging him around as I ride the countryside and kind of wish he could be a permanent fixture. Geralt and Roach have their griffin head trophy. I make trophies of men.

When I ran into the big circle of them of I just stood there and watched for a few seconds before thinking ‘fuck this’ and tossed a stick of dynamite into the middle. First time I ever used a stick outside of a mandatory mission. Just always seemed like overkill.

Turns out those robes are rather inflammable.

Ok, I can’t get this to work. If I hitch Grace and use the horse station at camp then it fades to black and it swaps Grace with Ed. I can’t get both Grace and Ed out of the stable at the same time. I have a 3rd horse that is kinda shite that I use for hauling, but I wanted a lvl 4 bonded horse for the whistle range and those are both stabled.

I came across an O’Driscoll camp and as I geared and buffed up for the fight I imagined myself flowing in all John Wick-like. What ensued instead was more akin to a scene out of the Three Amigos. But it was fun!

Well I had myself all ready to go get more lumber for the house under construction, but as I rode up toward it I saw that the house looked fully complete. So I talked to the guy who verified they had finished and sold the place, and he paid me for my assistance. I guess the earlier request for more wood may have been a glitch?

Anyway, I only had one more mission in that chapter, so now I’m on to chapter three! Who knows what trouble I’ll get into.

I happened across a camp for another gang who apparently are hillbilly cannibals. Killed everyone in the camp. Then, while riding around at night 30 minutes later or so, I hear “That’s the guy!” and was ambushed by 15 hillbillies running out of the wood with tomahawks and lanterns.

I also chased a magical dwarf around the woods for awhile. I feel like I’ve started to find the weird part of the game.

This game really needs a safety for the guns and my fists. Also people should really lock their horses up, because god dammit some of them look identical to mine and I can’t be held accountable if I jump on the wrong one.

So I keep laughing every time Arthur laments being a bad guy. I can’t seem to break 75% good because of unintentionally shooting, beating, and stealing.

I was going to do that, but then they set themselves on fire and all ran away. So all I had left was the Grand Wizard. He didn’t live very long.