Republic of Rome forum game

In this case I reckon just calling out the current number of votes for each side as you vote will do the job.

More generally, I’m loving all the political posturing etc but it would be good to bold anything game-mechanical that sits in the middle of a paragraph of fluff. Or just @ me so I’m sure to notice it.

Yes, I think we should use bold for game moves.

The Kolbexarii vote against this proposal.

Just kidding, the bold thing is a good idea.

I’m liking how the senate phase sort of runs itself. I just need to keep an eye out for anything happening out of accordance with process. :)

Yeah, sorry if this has slowed down, just waiting on @Juan_Raigada for his decision, then we can move on.

Well, I don’t like bullies.

I hope you guys protect me…

But I will try to be Rome Consul.

It’s @scottagibson’s choice. Allow the best man to take the job of antagonize me! (and we go for a dieroll).

@rho21 I guess we decide by die roll

Also, I’m off to Spanish class for a few hours, will check in later.

The fates have decided. 3 chickens were slaughtered and all those present agreed the entrails bore a striking similarity to Aelius. Well, all save Aelius himself, who was uncharacteristically self-effacing on the matter.

Nonetheless Aelius is immediately acclaimed as Rome Consul and handed the fasces by Junius, who steps down as consul. Flaminius takes the role of Field Consul.

Aelius wasn’t too happy with the whole entrail comparisons (or the earlier ill omens for that matter) and realises that the first order of business must be to create a priesthood to exert better sway over the chickens. The new office of Pontifex Maximus will be an influential one, but in a future year of ill omen may prove expensive to maintain.

@Juan_Raigada: you must nominate an aligned senator for the role.

The game state has been updated to reflect the results of the election.

Hurrah! Down with Tyrants!

All right, I nominate Quintius for Pontifex.

@Navaronegun has the least influence so this should keep things balanced.

@CraigM, @Navaronegun and @Kolbex, cast your votes.

The Kolbexarii glance around the curia waiting for someone to cry “tribune!”

The Virtus Romana faction vote yes with 5 votes.

Humble Quintius will be honored to be the Vox Virtus to the Gods and Fates for Rome.

I approve of the noble Grain faction. A house is only as strong as its weakest members, so it benefits all for this to pass.

I vote yes to his proposed Pontifex.

Kolbexarii vote yes with 9 votes.

Unless I have counted wrong, this gives the proposal 22 votes.

I interpose my VETO,

Suggest you make a more sensible nomination

@Juan_Raigada: it appears another choice is required.

All right,

I nominate Manlius.

@Navaronegun, @CraigM and @Kolbex call your votes.

The Virtus Romana faction vote yes with 5 votes.

Humble Manlius will be honored to be the Vox Virtus to the Gods and Fates for Rome