Republic of Rome forum game

If you are calling for a vote I vote yes with 5 votes.

That’s not a vote. You can’t make votes that combine different types of proposal, let alone votes for next year’s actions.

No it’s a binding agreement.

I need at least the signatories to the previous binding agreement to say yes, or @scottagibson and/or @Panzeh to substitute for one of them.

Since you are going to be one of the Consuls, you DO need to agree.

I agree.

I believe future Consuls should be able to do the job they’ve been elected to do the way they see fit, and not be bound by the whims of a previous Consul who has decided he must have ultimate power. Yet those opposing his machinations are called tyrants.

You also believed that you should dictate who the Consuls would be and who got what patronage in a back room before the Senate convened, based upon threatening everyone here, so I am not exactly listening to you again until you turn over a new (laurel) leaf.

There’s truth in this. But I’m inclined to prosecute the war, but disinclined to send Flaminius without his consent (or the Senate’s).

This is an attempt to compromise. I am guaranteed the war is prosecuted and thus we do not go for it this year.

But it’s an open discussion. If there’s no agreement, so be it.

I’m also open to alternatives.

I’ll even offer up one of my Senators to be a potential casualty, if need be, since we are bound by agreement there.

Edit: Intelligent war planning and budgeting is done deliberately and in a multi-year fashion. Not ad hoc.

I think you know that it was always my intention to attack the war with 14 legions and a very strong chance to end it quickly; and that we (you and I) only abandoned that plan when the Evil Omens made it impossible to fund enough legions; and that we (you and I) then planned to do it in the next round when there was plenty of funding to ensure success. In all of that, I was not the one deceiving you; rather, it was the other way around. I can’t think of any reason you’d think now that you had to send me into certain stalemate and probable death because I might not grasp the importance of dealing with the war next round.

I’m not going to send you into war, I think that was clear.

It wasn’t, but it is now. Apologies, then.

I’m just trying that the current paranoid mood does not hamper next year’s war planning. That would also free certain nominations I have to make. It is my responsability to leave a functioning government.

As things stand I’m wary the animosity due to the failed plot will lead the Republic into a dead spiral.

Yes, this is about agreeing to future prosecution.

3% is too tiny a chance of success to send you out there, I agree, all joking aside. But agreeing on an approach would allay my concerns considerably.

No Consul is going to leave the wars unprosecuted. However, the specifics of the situation dictate that the Consul be allowed to choose their approach at the time.

That’s a way.

I think the Republic is absolutely capable of planning multi-year, and handling the problem effectively. We’ve already bound ourselves to political courses.

But you already know my mind on the war. Asking me to sign up to your proposal to allay your misgivings about deferring it this year feels like a threat; and an unnecessary one.

Juan knows my mind on the war. I don’t really think he’s worried that I wouldn’t agree to a reasonable proposal if presented one. I’d go fight it now if we could raise 10 more legions. I’ll fight it next year with the same provision.

Ok, so moving on (if other families want to weight on the future war, feel free to do so, we can reopen the discussion).

Right now I will propose a motion to pass a Land Bill III with Papirius as sponsor and Cornelius as co-sponsor.

This is part of the binding deal.

I don’t know if there are tribunes left around, but if anybody plays a tribune, that will certainly take them out of consideration for future nominations.

I do want Paipirius protected.

I knew your take before the attempt to control the Republic was blown apart. Right now, given the aggressive nature of your tone when speaking on the Senate, I do have some concerns.

I hope you still think the same, but I’m not sure anymore.

Everybody can vote in any order.

Virtus Romana vote Yea with 5 votes.