Republic of Rome forum game

The New Men cast 8 NO votes

This tone hasn’t changed at all, it seems. I’d like to brook more discussion of this with @CraigM and @Kolbex in the mix, after the current measure passes.

And get -2 popularity due to a vote they’ll lose anyway…

Kolbexarii vote yes, but then we would, wouldn’t we.

I will also volunteer Julius as the general next year to prosecute the current war, as he is quite militarily capable, and would consider it a personal favor if in return Valerius was strongly considered for a priesthood.

This is acceptable to Virtus Romana. We would be pleased to serve as Rome Consul with you as our colleague as Field Consul.

Do you need to be field Consul to be sent to the slaughter war? I have yet to absorb the rules in their entirety, clearly.

Yes. The Field Consul leads the troops, the Rome Consul handles bidness at home.

I guess this is why it’s bad to have more than one war active at a time, huh.

The Rome consul can also be sent to war with a separate set of troops if desired. It can be difficult to afford to field more than one army though.

The only requirement is that the Field consul must be sent to war before or at the same time as the Rome consul.

I vote yes on the Landbill with 8 votes.

I would be agreeable to this with the following caveat:

I fear for Aelius. The animosity displayed by the Panzeh and New Men factions make him a likely target for next year’s Censor, since it’s only he or men from those two factions who can opt to the position.

I propose the following binding deal:
Aelius will propose Julius as consul next year (@navaronegun is covered by the previous deal)
Either the Kolbezarii or the Virtus Romana (whoever is Rome Consul) will nominate Aelius for censor.
The Kolberaxii, Virtus Romana and Rex Antiquis will vote for this nomination and will not veto it.
In case the nomination is vetoed, The Kolberaxii, Virtus Romana and Rex Antiquis will vote against any prosecution against the Easter Grain Company’s Senators next year.

This is the way I can give up the consulship without fear. I need the three factions that agreed to the previous deal (@kolbex, @Navaronegun and @CraigM) to agree,

Yet again @scottagibson given the short end of the stick by his “partner”.

The Eastern Grain Company seems obsessed with protecting its own graft.

It’s really good that we don’t have any kings dictating terms, lol.

I agree. I will be Rome Consul and Julius Field Consul. I agree to nominate Aelius as Censor.

Write it up with that specificity and I will sign.

This is me giving up the consulship amicably. With the current deal I could protect myself by keeping a consulship, but as I intend to share influence as much as possible I’d rather not do it.

But I do need protection. And so that’s why these terms to leave power to others.

This specifically is the only thing that can’t be part of a binding agreement (the decision of which consul is which).

That’s going to be for you to decide upon.

You’re right, open factional discussion and settlement on terms is much preferable to the previous cloak-room antics by pretender-kings, yes.

That and deals involving rebellion and assassination.

Ok, I sign.