Republic of Rome forum game

Scipio consents

Votes, @rho21?

I think you need to call faction by faction.

Not that it’s going to make a difference.

Yes, you call for votes first. The tally starts with 4 votes against the prosecution thanks to the accused’s influence.

Votes, any order:

@Panzeh, @Kolbex, @scottagibson, @CraigM, @Juan_Raigada

Virtus Romana votes for the Prosecution.

I guess I’d better vote in favor of my own prosecution.

As a quick summary of the process, each faction will vote in favour of or against the prosecution. On @Juan_Raigada’s turn to vote a popular appeal may be called for.

After those are totalled, a trial will occur to modify the totals a little based on the oratory of the advocate and prosecutor and a roll of the dice.

Ok…

Papirius steps into the stage.

Clears his mouth.

People of Rome. The Senate has failed you. Instead of trying to deal with the external crises that face us all, they have engaged in relentless, selfish pursue of personal gains. Look at all those magnificent Senators. Flaunting their influence, their smiles.

And yet who do they accuse? Us, the powerless. Us the small. Us who side with you, people of Rome!

Papirius calls for a Popular Appeal vote

Is voting suspended until the popular appeal is resolved?

The mob has spoken. They rushed the stage and freed Papirius, enraged at what can only have been an attempt to frame their beloved Papirius. Profit off Rome’s troubles, the prosecution says? Why, did not Papirius donate greatly to Rome earlier this year in the form of a great festival of gladiatorial combat?

A large group go so far as to approach the prosecutor and censor, their perception of injustice overriding their better sense. Fortunately the lictors were on hand to hold off these over-enthusiastic citizens for the short time it took their charges to make it to a place of safety. The final toll was only 9 dead: 8 plebs and 1 heroic lictor. His sacrifice will doubtless be pulbicly marked by Quinctius and Scipio, two great statesmen who perhaps learned some humility today when their oratory and military prowess proved of little relevance when faced with the angry mob.

Popular appeal

Popularity + 2d6 = 9 + 11 = 20 => accused freed.
Furthermore 9 mortality chits are drawn against the censor (18) and prosecutor (1) only.
Draws: 14, 13, 6, None, 12, 17, 9, None, 15.

Probably for the best for Rome that Scipio Africanus in particular survived that debacle.

@Navaronegun: would you care to attempt another minor prosecution? Papirius is still a valid target, incidentally.

You guys almost killed Scipio. Well done!

Fabius gets the 3 influence due to acussed going free, doesn’t he?

That was lucky.

A point of order!

Noble and pious Censor Quinctius (@Navaronegun) I note that you first called upon @CraigM to prosecute, and then changed your mind and called upon @Kolbex. Many noble Senators were at that time in the lobby and may have missed it. Can you explain to this august body the change?

Deal over deal over shady deal…

I express my sincere hope that, having rolled the dice and narrowly avoided disaster for Rome, we can put an end to petty vendettas and get in with the business before us.

We prosecute again. Scipio (@Kolbex) do you consent to prosecute?

Fabius advocates again

Honestly, I changed it in 5 seconds. @CraigM seems to be a bit tied up (no criticism).

Let them hang themselves, I say

Fair enough. I just wanted to be sure others saw it, as our forum posts are basically in-game speech.