Republic of Rome forum game

Nope, as I’ve said many times, once assasinations started, deals became impossible.

Ah, very well.

@rho21, the Senate is adjourned.

My work internet is made of wet string today, so no updates until I get home. Anyway, that gives people the chance to use a tribune if they desperately want to propose something else.

No combat this year, so straight on to the Revolution Phase.

Revolution

All players may trade and play hand cards. @scottagibson @Juan_Raigada @Panzeh @CraigM @Kolbex

Pass.

Nothing from me.

Negatory ghost rider

Nope.

Put my concession on Claudius

Mortality

A cautionary tale of excess this year: many Romans use Saturnalia as an excuse to drink to great excess, but none so much as Fulvius with his current wealth. He was found dead one morning; three house slaves have been killed for failing to ensure he was looked after correctly while passed out in an alcoholic stupor. There are rumours (when are there ever not rumours in this city?) that this was on the orders of his long-suffering wife; none can know the truth here, as the slaves’ silence is quite assured. @CraigM

Argh. The gods truly do not favor us.

Also, too: Nice writeup!

Revenue

Faction Revenue

Player Senators Knights Concessions Offices Total Income Previous Total Money
@scottagibson 5 3 4 0 12 10 22
@Juan_Raigada 5 3 11 8* 27 19 46
@Panzeh 3 3 4 0 10 1 11
@CraigM 4 1 2 0 7 3 10
@Kolbex 4 4 5 6** 19 20 39

* Provincial spoils from Gallia Cisalpina. This is the final turn of Aelius’ governorship; he returns to Rome.
** Pontifex Maximus income

Players, please distribute these funds as you see fit between faction and personal treasuries.
You may also trade money at this time.

Province Development
All provinces are developed already.

State Revenue and Expenses

Base Wars Legions Fleets Land Bills Provinces Net Income Previous Treasury New Treasury
100 -40 -50 -16 -10 3 -13 58 45
  • Gallia Cisalpina (2d6-1): 3

Senators may make contributions to the state to gain influence
(10T => 1 influence, 25T => 3 influence, 50T => 7 influence)

A warning to all: the state is currently in range of bankruptcy due to a natural disaster.

Scipio will make a donation to Rome in the form of 10T, Valerius will take 5T and 4 shiny talents will go to the faction treasury.

@rho21

Furious donates 10T to Rome treasury
Furious holds 5T
Faction treasury holds 7T

This great reading, and I am very sad that I was not checking Qt3 when this game started. If there is ever going to be another RoR game, please tag me in. I would love to play, and never get the chance to break this one out in real life.

There really has to be another game. I don’t know how much work it is to moderate it, but the game is too much fun not to play again! I just wish the RNG had been a bit kinder to us this time.

It’s not all that bad to moderate actually, I spend more time on the flavour stories than anything else. The senate phase in particular pretty much runs itself. It did take me a bit of work to get everything set up in the first place though.

If this one ends soon (looking like a fair chance) and we have enough players I’ll gladly run another straight afterwards. I might limit it to 5 players though, I think the dynamics work better plus the deck is a bit less evil.

Most of this is way over my head still but I could attempt to play it?

Pour one out for Fulvius.

I’d sign up for the next one, or for the probable lottery you’ll have to hold to get it down to 5!