Rick and Morty

No kidding. Things got really squanch there at the end.

Twas.

That was the original version of Hurt… which is a version of Hurt, of course, but makes me wonder why you added that modifier.

I seem to recall the Cash version being used to similar effect on another show I’ve watched, so I figured I’d throw it in there. But yes, I am aware NIN did it first ;-)

I had no idea it was the end of the season. I expected next week’s episode to be Morty going into an alternate dimension to recruit other Rick’s to bust his Rick out. (And also warning them about the possibility of their Tammy being an agent)

If I may be so bold, you did not cry because the finale was so sad, you cried because “Hurt” is such a sad song.

Think again at how the season ended. Morty is in prison, or should a say a man whose crimes include theft, DUI, smuggling, corruption of minors, endangering a minor, arms dealing, smuggling, arson, assault, human cloning, murder, spiting time, genocide, and cable theft is now in prison. Meanwhile, the Smith family gets to live without his terrible influence, which has almost gotten them killed on multiple occasions. And Jerry gets a job! “Hurt” is a reflection of Rick’s life so far, not what his “final” act is indicative of. That, plus giving Jerry credit, was actually quite touching.

The series could have ended right on this and it would be a bold and honest ending.

However, the show apparently got renewed… and I don’t think its an accident the after credit was a character who survived getting shot in the chest still alive.

Are we really suppose to believe a show killed off its best character with hardly a goodbye? Birdperson will return!

I constantly worry (ok, not really) that because the Cash version was so popular people are going to assume it was his, originally.

Rick and Morty was on the Simpsons?

Nice! Thanks for uncovering that.

Yeah, that was a great couch gag. They used it to announce the premiere date for this last season, IIRC.

Also, technically, S3’s official writing has begun: https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland/status/661038798810124288

Pocket Mortys is out on iOS today:

[INDENT]Join Ricks throughout the multiverse as they get swept up in the latest craze: Morty training! There are over 70 bizarre Mortys to recruit and train out there, including Mustache Morty, Wizard Morty, Cronenberg Morty and more. Assemble a dream team, then challenge rival Ricks by forcing your grandsons to battle each other. Command, combine and level up your Mortys to prove that you’re the greatest Morty trainer of all space and time!

• Discover dozens and dozens of bizarre Mortys across the multiverse of Rick and Morty
  • Train and combine your Mortys to level them up and watch them grow
  • Battle rival Ricks from across the multiverse
  • Encounter your favorite characters like Bird Person, Mr. Meeseeks and more
  • Craft items and engage in tedious side quests
  • Win prizes at the space arcade Blips and Chitz[/INDENT]

I don’t know if it’s any good, but I’m squanching it now and I’ll let you know look at me I’m Mr. Meeseeks!

So… I got it. On Android as well.

There is a reason it is called “Pocket Mortys”

Very similar to a “Pocket Monsters” or “Pokemon” for short game.

Having just played the tutorial area. Seems really interesting so far, and it is dripping with references to the show.

Honestly, I am really just glad it isn’t some city-farming-moneypulling-sim game with timers and premium currency.

You can shop while you’re in a dungeon.

I think you have a 5 morty limit, and unable to capture more if full.
Capturing seems to be allowed at yellow health bar or below.
You can combine identical morties, and they yield a better tier morty.

Is there any way to restore AP in a dungeon?

yeah the blue 200 coin item gives 50% ap

Oh, doh. I was completely misreading that text. I though it meant it added 50% of the AP value to the power of an attack. They should really say “restores” or something like that.

I love this serie.

I love it so much I would made sex to it, and it would probably produce hybrid offspring.

I did the same thing!

Yeah… so this pocket mortys game…

Weird gameplay loop. When out fighting, you can never return to the health center to heal your mortys, unless you beat the boss Rick, or die. Dying has no penalty.

It is a weird kind of farming grind going on, where near the end, rather than pony up rare Schmeckles to buy healing items, I just end up getting all of my mortys killed, and they run out of AP, so I end up sitting in a battle, spamming the attack that lowers the opponent’s accuracy, making the battle drag out longer, when all I want to do is die and be picked up by bird person to heal.

Then I move on to repeat the same mechanic over and over. I like the randomized dungeons, but not being able to go back to the main worl hub ever… kinda blows. Especially since most of your mortys only have 1 move that does damage and AP runs out quick.

And the super crazy thing is, it isn’t tied to any free play mechanic. Restricting healing and AP to make you use more items to heal doesn’t feed into them earning more money. You can’t buy Schmeckles with real cash, you just can earn them watching ads or beating trainers. The in game economy seems a bit borked too, things are really pricy.

The crafting system is kind of clunky as well, trying to get you to combine stuff to find recipes, but when you get the recipes, you can’t quick craft, and it takes too long.

Maybe I need to stop grinding and move on, I still like the game though, it has some great art, good music, and collecting mortys is addicting.

Yeah it’s a weird loop, you’re right.

What do the crafting items do? So far I’ve only found one recipe, creating a motherboard from a circuit board, cable, and battery, but the motherboard just seems like another craft ingredient.