Rise of Industry

Not our intention. Personally hate those games

Good, good.

Gonna take advantage of this post and ask you to get involved! Vote for your favourite construction interface!

Very cool, @RiseOfIndustry. I’ll be curious how your poll ends up. They’re all viable approaches, and they all have their place (although radial menus always say to me, “This is gonna need to work on a console system, too.”). But I’m a bottom of the screen all the way kinda guy.

-Tom

Note that at least one of those choices doesn’t allow you to add much to the top bar before you run out of room. Always consider expansion possibilities.

Oh hey look , PC gamer noticed this game!

This is actually on sale right now. Has anyone been playing it?

Roadmap, looks like a Summer 2018 release.

Nope. My backlog is too big and for games like these I generally prefer reviews. I was slightly tempted though.

Katherine of Sky has some nice Let’s Play videos of this on YouTube. Looks like it will be a great game (it is decently far along right now, despite being billed as Alpha 3).

I haven’t played since Alpha 1, but was pleased by the basic framework that was in place. Alpha 5 is sounding to me like the best place to dive back in once that hits, since that’s going to flesh out towns into something much closer to the final implementation.

There’s basically no reason why I would regret plunking down the asking price at this stage, because if this stays on its current development track, it will be something very special indeed. It’s not there yet, but that’s why it’s in alpha.

This looks great. I will probably jump in once it reaches steam early access.

After watching some of the Katherine of Sky Lets Play Videos I have only one concern. It looks as if city demands are insatiable, as in you can supply a small town with tons of glass and it will buy all of it at the same price. Is this true for the final game? It would be good if demand was limited so that market prices were a function of supply. Then at some point it will become uneconomical to keep producing the same thing to the same place, and it will also raise the possibility of rivals screwing you over by competing with you on your cash cow product.

Hey guys! Here back again to answer some questions and concerns:

First of all, if unsure of grabbing it now, just wishlist it! The Steam page is live: http://store.steampowered.com/app/671440/Rise_of_Industry/

Roadmap: oh yes, that is basically set in stone. Dates and features, you can kinda know what will be available by when. I personally am looking forward to the modding release, to see what the community comes up :D

Let’s Plays: Sky is indeed one of my favourite CCs, and I strongly recommend her videos, so you get an idea of what the game is about.

Demand: the way this works will change drastically on Alpha4 and Alpha5, and they will stop looking like endless pits of hunger. Who would want so many plastic chairs anyways?

Have fun!

Thanks RiseofIndustry guy! ;)

Dev Update for Alpha 4

Definitely waiting on 1.0 for this. Don’t see the point in jumping in early on systems heavy games. Very excited to see it coming along though.

Same here, but I like what I see, and the town dynamics seems… newish to me. Does another game do that, a town responding negatively or presumably positively with building around them like that?

Railroad Tycoon. Industry Giant (I’m pretty sure, it’s been bloody ages). Capitalism. Train Fever. TTD?

I don’t remember being banned from the towns because I built a factory nearby without permission and I played all those games except Train Fever.

Ah, sorry, I didn’t realise that’s what you were referring to - I thought you just meant towns/industry growth being shaped based on your activity.