Sea of Thieves!

If I read it correctly they already fixed private crews and patched it back in yesterday.

I haven’t played since then or anything, so I could be behind the news curve there.

Privates are indeed back in.

Continuing athena missions 1 to 2 per day. Around 75 to go.

If any one ever wants to join or wants a mission dropped hit me up.

I’ll probably hit you up in the next week @kono1134! I’m curious to check out the Hungering material…

Anytime.

Todays patch brings some prep stuff for hungering. New instruments, megaphone, signal flags.

I continue to have a blast with the random engagements against others.

Last night, McMaster and I expertly sleuth-ed our way through the Hungering Deep content, to obtain our drums. (Oops, let me just close this errant tab w/ some sort of walkthrough…)

As it was late, we wrapped it up and have yet to face the final battle. It seems to require a minimum of 5 drum wielding folks to lure the beast out of hiding. If we can scrounge up enough folks, and we can somehow coordinate timing, I’m all in. It’s refreshing to have some, small, narrative hook in this game.

If you’re on tonight, I’d join you. Been a while since I played actually.

Sweet! There’s a lot of goose chasing and sailing to unlock the drum. Unless you’re into the challenge of scouring the map for island names related to the verbal cues of bar wenches, I highly recommend this guide.

We’re yet to summon the beast ourselves but we had to tell everyone joining our galleon that we hadn’t done the new content, no spoilers and we didn’t want any help. Honestly, I wish we’d just gone for a closed crew but I didn’t expect everyone who joined us to have already done it all. Worse, most of them had apparently just followed others around rather than engage with the actual ‘treasure hunting’ themselves. Really disappointing to hear. We loved picking apart all the clues and working out where to go and who to talk to. I just don’t understand why you’d want to kill that aspect of the game. Bleurgh.

Anyway, it was really cool and I’m looking forward to the finale!

I’m lame and don’t have a ton of gaming time. The treasure hunting process wasn’t that inspired, so I don’t feel I missed out on a great adventure, but I’ll admit to being impatient. It’s cool that you dug in and solved it yourselves.

Oh and ‘The 8 Year Old’ (as we called him after he left) spoilt the finale within minutes of joining, specifically what we’d be fighting and where with the exact grid reference! (We’ve all been avoiding the Sea of Thieves news.) We found it really funny to be honest because I’d been saying how I was going to insta-brig vote and mute anyone spoiling things but we couldn’t do it to the kid. We explained to him what was going on but the voice chat delay meant we couldn’t stop him! He left when he realised we were doing things the slow way.

All right, I was chatting with @Navaronegun, maybe we could convince him to join. Maybe even more than one crew, who knows? Anyway, probably be 9pm PST at the earliest and probably closer to 10 that I could join so if that’s too late for you guys, don’t wait up.

I’ve finished it, would be happy to help later. Will be around 6pst and after. Maybe do a legend voyage after, only 43 more to go!

Will need a well stocked ship and 5 people. Only one needs a drum but 5 need to play the tune at the locale hence the main challenge.

You can only join a game with 4 so you must find at least one more on your server to help summon. It could mean hours sailing around looking for help.

My galleon group got lucky and friended a sloop that was already at the site.

I am pretty sure I saw Tinkerbell zoom through the sails before the ship took off.

;)

I wish the player had grabbed the ladder!

Forsaken Shores is out!
https://view.engage.xbox.com/?qs=56920d0bc6093d7042d7a29eba8794b74ba5774b3cc72d427c40e1d307ce25dea642a7ea236e7aeb0ac61f2ea46f1d95d82b29297c30882d801d4025d60cd2611640996d6b93afad6560f1d733c7e695

My friends and I had to stop playing this because how much we could do in an evening was almost entirely dependent on whether we could find and team up with other crews.

Rare forced a lot of cross crew coop stuff in the new (timed) content which resulted in us spending ages sailing around looking for willing parties while doing the usual voyages. In the end it just left us feeling a bit disappointed that we couldn’t do much of it when we logged in.

We also didn’t see that many active skull forts since launch so we only ever got to take on a few in all our hours online. The oceans were very quiet when we played!

I enjoyed my time with it and glad they kept adding content and features but we just couldn’t keep up with its expectations of players I suppose.

Rolling banks of fog are coming and they sound really neat. Check out this developer’s update video from the 3 minute mark:

The amplified creaking noises, the reduced visibility allowing more stealthy approaches and the importance of the crow’s nest all make it sound like a really neat feature.

Oh wow, that’s very cool!