Select your color theme preference for Discourse qt3

Oh crap. Per device is better, pretty sure. Checkbox too sounds good though

Awww man. I’ve been digging the deep blue at home, but really love the true black oh my phone :-(

I will add the option, but you are going to have to live with the current state for 4 more days.

The non obvious thing about the change to allow both is that theme status lives in 2 spots, cookies and database.

Keeping both in sync is a little bit tricky, cause now the cookie needs to store a sequence number. Otherwise there is no realiable way to change state globally.

I suppose my gf can deal with a burning torch of a phone in bed for four days ;-)

I would imagine that your gf has become acclimated to a fairly high pain threshold by now

I’m not sure if that’s a really solid fat joke or just generic meanspiritedness, but I applaud the effort either way!

Why the need for a global state though? We were pretty happy with per device setting, as before. It will save you tonnes of work to forget “global setting” is needed.

Because for every one of us who loves the per browser functionality setting there’s gonna some other guy out there who’ll open a bug report every 30m for the rest of his life until he gets a global variant ;-)

Who is that? Show yourself!!

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/0/05/Griefer.png

I uhh… actually browse at work on a system that wipes cookies daily so a global setting is really helpful :(

Don’t worry global state will stay, we can have both

Do the new themes provide unique classes or ids per theme, so that I can override something but only while using a specific theme?

I’m inspecting and not seeing anything so far.

Not at the moment, but I will look at adding one for you!

Ok the per device and global settings should be working here now courtesy of @sam. You gotta press save to trigger, of course.

What does the different shades of red means? Intensity of Likes inside the thread? I didn’t realize there were 3 different shades until today! It’s pretty cool.

Yes, that’s it exactly.

That makes Likes pretty useful to me. One glance and I can gauge the popularity of a thread.

Which matters… why?

selective reading on my part. I gravitate to popular posts… :)