Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 - Open-world sniper survival

Right, it’s one of those game where the designers can’t be arsed to do their job, so you get to do it for them. /rage

-Tom

1.2 patch is out, fixing things.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2423345440423530073

I am a few missions into the first act now, just finished the one with the dishes.

[quote]

"When we began development of SGW3, we decided on such a relatively large scale of the game with its open world that now we realise it was just too ambitious versus what we could have been able to deliver in any reasonable amount of time.

“We simply made the wrong math considering the size of our team and the originally given timeframe. By positioning the game in a AAA category, it took us away from what we could have done great. Instead we spent too much effort trying to catch up with other AAA titles in terms of their production values and features. That was a big mistake.”[/quote]

I still have this installed , but haven’t played in awhile. Like I had said before, it feels like a good progression from SGW2, but its still not AAA quality. For what was offered, I feel they priced it right.

Likewise. I never felt like they screwed up big time. For what they attempted, it actually turned out a bit better than I expected. My biggest gripe was the load times, but I lived with that. IIRC, I paid $48 for it, and wasn’t disappointed.

Then again, I never cared about the multiplayer aspect, so maybe those are the guys that felt cheated.

Anyway, I have to admit to some bias. I’ve always been a secret fan of City Interactive, and have been following their progress since their budget shooter days. And I haven’t given up on them yet. I’ll likely purchase their next offering as well.

Coming September 5th

Zombies or GTFO

-Tom

DLC is out! No Zombies, sorry Tom.

Multiplayer is finally coming. I can’t imagine many people care at this point.

I just want to know if anyone made it to the 2nd or 3rd zones. :)

I still dip in occasionally. I still like it. I just wish the game was a bit brighter really. They really picked a pretty drab look. I know ex soviet block and all that, but still.

Multiplayer added!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2356940714982735918

I might have been interested if it was multiplayer in their open world, but it’s just discrete maps separate from the open world single-player stuff. Bah.

-Tom

This is now 13 euros on Voidu for steam version:
https://www.voidu.com/en/sniper-ghost-warrior-3

As I am playing Far Cry 5 and enjoying it, I am thinking back about this attempt at Polish Far Cry. Has it been patched up to a well optimized state?

I played it last year and really enjoyed it. It was pretty bug free for me. I find it a solid sniper experience with less scripted mission junk than most FarCry’s (I havent played FC5 tho).

Did you get to the 2nd and 3rd maps/zones? I’ve been meaning to get back to this.

I did! The good news is the game lets you freely travel between zones after a certain point which is nice. The second zone has some fun stuff, I was particularly amused by the one very specific “secret” tunnel that leads into the control room of the “secret” base in the mountain (it is 5 stories high and carved into a cliff face, hardly “secret” :)

But at its core the sniping is very fun and taking down bases & open world sniping is great. Like all such games however it is dragged down by the hand crafted story missions, at least in this game all of the story missions are fairly trivial so you can blow through them fast and get back to the fun.

Oh and like every such game it has a “oh noes you got captured and have to fight your way out of a village armed only with a pointed stick and whatever you can steal from enemies!” in the second zone. Once that minor annoyance is done though its back to fine sailing.

I recommend it, I picked it up for like $25 and got my monies worth easily.

Sounds good, I picked it up, looking forward to it.

The ‘trilogy’ is a buck at Fanatical:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/sniper-ghost-warrior-trilogy

I assume the trilogy includes number 3 but don’t actually know :)

It doesn’t, unfortunately. From the bargain thread:

Fanatical is kicking off 7 Days of 7 Deals today with Sniper : Ghost Warrior Trilogy 4 for only $1. That’s a historical low for the series.
NOTE : “Trilogy” is misleading, as it contains S:GW 1, S:GW 2 and S:GW Art of Victory. Sniper : Ghost Warrior 3 3 is available for $10.49 (65%) during the sale.