Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 - Open-world sniper survival

How do these compare to, say, Sniper Elite 4?

I played GW1 GW2 and the Siberian DLC, overall they are super linear and pretty fun sniping games, I mean for $1 why not give them a shot? They are on par with the first 2 sniper elite games, minus the x-ray cam.

The first game is a bit visually dated fyi.

The only thread for the first 2 games is here, I think I have almost half the posts in it.

Done. Backlog is now +3.

:)

I just checked and it’s showing $20 for me. Did the sale just end?

It had 6 minutes left just a while ago, so I’m assuming yes, sadly.

I reinstalled Ghost Warrior 3 now that is has been patched a lot, gonna see how far I get this time. I never finished the first of 3 map zones. :p

I tried GW3 but after about two hours uninstalled it. It seemed…ok, but I guess I was too fed up from Far Cry 5 with this type of gameplay. Gonna give it a try some day, hopefully…

Ack, sorry, I hope I didnt give you bad advice.

No worries, it really had more to do with me spending way too much time with FarCry 5 just before. I still intend to get to it.

Still in Act 1 apparently, finished up the train yard. I don’t know why but I find this the most relaxing sniping game ever. Maybe the dumb AI? :)

Started at night and finished up at sunrise.

Made it to the winter area, also met another nice lady.

The briefing for the next mission had this fixed camera angle.

Haha, shameless :)

So wait, it has more maps? That’s cool.

Those landscapes look nice. How are you finding it overall? It’s sort of a lower budget, modern Sniper Elite right? I think since I played that, and also Wildlands, this might be a bit MOTS. Still, looks nice.

I found it to be more of a jankier sniper-focused Far Cry 3/4.

Doesn’t sound bad actually. How many janks out of 10…?

Above about 7 janks, I think I have to leave it to the professionals.

Yes, this sums it up well!

I give it 4 out of 10 janks!

I think this sums up my love for this series. They are certainly not best-in-class by any means (although they’re not bad either, just decent), but when I’m trying to unwind after a stressful week at work, and I need to choose between a Ghost Warrior game or a Sniper Elite game, I go for Ghost Warrior, purely for the relaxation factor. Also, they are quite beautiful games.

OTOH, if I’m up for the challenge, Sniper Elite gets the nod, hands down.

Both series definitely have earned their place in my library. No regrets.

This game (along with Ryse, Homefront 2 and Ghost Warrior 2 ++) is availble in the CryEngine humble bundle for $15:

That’s a very tempting bundle. Just for Homefront 2 and Ghost Warrior 3, I mean. The others I already own or don’t know anything about.

I’m confused as to what you get for making a game using Cryengine though. You get a bunch of assets, and that’s it? What about the engine itself? Is that free to use?

How is Sniper:GW3 for coop play?