Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie

What a waste of production money. This version of Sonic looked great specifically BECAUSE people hated it. If they fix him he won’t have nearly the free advertising meme potential.

And the trailer classic Jim Carrey antics actually made the movie look appealing enough to watch regardless of Sonic’s outward appearance.

I don’t understand why they made him look like a little kid with blue fur? The character’s stylized look is perfect for turning into an animated character. Why mess with it?

(We all know why… Hollywood people can’t help themselves… which is why Feige is so important to Marvel and always has been.)

Rerendering the movie will only fix one of the problems with that trailer.

I remember thinking it was sweet when I was 7. Haven’t seen it since.

Granted I don’t know how Hollywood works, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how this horrible design got to the trailer stage. Don’t they use focus groups anymore, or something?

Yeah you might as well own it at this point. Maybe even have that one dude ask Sonic why he has human teeth. Use this movie to lampoon every stupid video game cash-in ever.

Maybe the reveal is that Sonic is really a human in a super-powered fur suit.

YES! I thought I was the only person who felt that way. I am so happy to see Jim back in old form. He’s so awesome. Also love his paintings.

Somebody recut the trailer with Into Free (which I only know and appreciate through the game music thunderdome):

Delayed to February 2020.

Wow, so they really are redoing all the sonic work. Whoa.

Or they’re not and just dumping it into the February theater wasteland.

NEVAR4GET

They probably should have focus tested their gross sonic before going deep in production.

My suspicion is that they did, and got mixed or negative reviews, but that some exec stepped in to over-ride the objections. So, when the internet exploded with negative feedback, it was less of a surprise and more of a “Faction A gets to say I told you so”, and that was enough to finally break the gridlock.

Pure speculation though,

I’m going to miss the gross sonic design.

That design seriously gave me Annoying Orange vibes.

…or they focus tested it with people who have never played a sonic game or are into furry sex.

Hey now! Don’t kink shame.