Star Trek Discovery (2017)

We can’t say its all their fault Fuller left. He’s already the showrunner for American Gods. Could he do both and make quality shows still? How much of break between seasons trying to jump back and forth. I wish he was still on board but at some point you have to try and move forward.

This was a red flag too:

Nothin against Michael Dorn but I’d rather not see yet another Worf ancestor bopping through the Trek universe. It’s like a weird kind of Forrest Gump family tree thing.

Wow, if the % is accurate, that is straight up insulting. Granted even $6500 per episode is good money, by my standards, but the principle is straight up rotten.

The issue for me there is that we don’t know what kind of role he was being offered. Guest spot? Recurring character? Little more than a cameo? Nor do we know how much 1% of his Nemesis paycheck comes to.

Dorn participated in Star Trek Continues. A fan-made thing. He’s obviously not completely hung up on pay, unless you’re saying they paid him handsomely for his guest spot as “Computer Voice” in one episode.

Well if what you say is true then how much did they have to lowball him to get him to say no?

Might be a “spirit of the deal” kind of thing. A bunch of fans slapping together a bit of homage is a far cry from Actual-NBC producing a brand new show. What he’ll do for more or less charity he might not do as a paying gig.

No doubt. Which is part of my point. The actual amount by itself wasn’t important, it just wasn’t enough for Dorn to work with CBS on this project.

For example, when this pay news broke Dorn was appearing in an Orlando playhouse version of Antony and Cleopatra. I’d bet he wasn’t making as much in the play as he used to on Trek.

Yeah, but that play probably had a budget large enough to buy a used car.

But if corporation putting together a TV show with a budget of millions of dollars per episode, they better pony up.

I thought he didnt get the American Gods gig until after he left the Star Trek project and was suddenly available. Is this incorrect? And it seemed like he was very committed to the ST project until CBS started pushing the production schedule. He even stated that “It is without exaggeration a dream come true to be crafting a brand-new iteration of Star Trek.” A split is rarely all on one party but it sounds to me like the split is mostly because of CBS and could have been avoided if they had so desired. Regardless, they definitely have to move forward from Fuller, they gave no other choice. I hope they can get a handle on things and actually do this series justice but quite honestly it sounds like a major clusterfuck at this point.

If it was just CBS pushing the production schedule, that’s pretty ironic at this point.

We don’t know anything about the show’s quality, though. Could very well end up being a decent show despite the production issues.

Or it could be terribad. All we know is they’ve had schedule issues. Anything else is conjecture.

FTFY :)

Huh -

So two new crew members are brought on, and one actor is having his role changed from Klingon to Starfleet officer. Can’t help but feel like these folks are spinning their wheels.

[quote]Meanwhile, Discovery is tapping another beloved sci-fi franchise to stock its crew quarters, with news that Battlestar Galactica’s Rekha Sharma—who played surprisingly important political aide Tory Foster on the Syfy show—will play security officer Commander Landry on Discovery.[/quote]Wow, they managed to surgically extract the one and only Battlestar Galactica alumna I couldn’t possibly care any less about. How do they do it?

CBS All Access can’t be the only problem here because their other series, The Good Fight, is fantastic.

Well, that show did have an experienced team in place that was basically continuing on from a successful seven season long show. Not quite the same starting conditions. I’d imagine they were given pretty free reign and not much changed for them apart from the source of their funding.

Pretty much the least interesting Star Trek pic I could ever possibly imagine.

It’s literally beige.

It’s like they are wanting this to be the Star Trek series I skip.