Star Trek Discovery (2017)

Yeah, so far I’m not too upset about forking over the cash for the service, but I’ll drop it as soon as this show comes to an end. I’m just not enthralled about the notion of watching Frasier again.

If you go to your CBS All Access account on the web and cancel your service, you should get a pop-up offering you two months at half-price if you decide to stay – essentially getting December for free. Someone at CBS was really smart and anticipated us Discovery folks bailing during the hiatus. :) I took the offer, since it saved the the same $10 I’d have saved by cancelling and resubscribing.

Still gonna drop it in February, though, after Season 1 ends, and I’ll pick it up when S2 or the new Twilight Zone starts.

@BrianRubin, bah. I’ve posted elsewhere on the Intarwebs that Starfleet has always had its share of a-holes and people who didn’t get along. It takes selective memory to think that Discovery’s doing something wrong here. :)

Thanks, Denny - I’ll follow that advice

Nah, all it takes is eyes, because Discovery is doing a lot wrong. ;)

Huh. I thought that episode was pretty terrible all round. Not sure what you guys saw in it. And at this point, I think I’m bailing on the show. Too serialised and poorly written to be enjoyable as Trek and too cheesy and techno-babbly to be hard-ish sci-fi.

I’ve watched all if season 1 and didn’t like it as a general scifi show and HATED it as a Star Trek show.

Most of the characters were annoying or boring, the plot was pedestrian and the resolutions were implausible, even for a far-reaching scifi show.

Klingons were wooden (physically), Tilly is almost intolerable, the spore drive is ridiculous, the Discovery ship is drab and uninteresting, I think their cloak history doesn’t jive with canon, and what’s up with the spinny cam, dark lighting, and endless “dramatic” music?

Uhg, this show is painful to watch. Please tell me The Orville got picked up fora 2nd season? Maybe they can rename Orville to Star Trek Orville??

It has! So has this!

I’ve looked everywhere on my account and can’t find how to cancel. Where on account is it?

Under subscription and billing - it’s the last link in that section: “Cancel Subscription”

I will FIGHT you.

I liked Tilly +1!

I … liked Tilly, as well. She’s SOOO much better than, let’s say, Wesley Crusher. Then again, we haven’t had a “Tilly episode” yet.

I liked the series overall and look forward to when it returns. Wasn’t great by any means but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I felt it got better as time went on.

Lt Tilly reminds me of my most awkward, dweeby, and adorkable friends. Who I love dearly… But playing some Fate Core with them in the privacy of somebody’s house is a little different from watching them interact with snippy, hyper competent soldiers struggling to survive in wartime. The sympathetic cringe is strong!

Tilly and the tardigrade are pretty much the biggest reasons I turned the show off halfway through an episode (3 or 4, don’t remember which) and haven’t returned since. I haven’t missed the show at all and only think about it when this thread gets bumped.

Nothing happening in this series holds my interest, and the promise of being bored and annoyed an hour a week isn’t appealing enough to get me back.

To each their own. I’ve been looking forward to the show every week and I feel it’s really hit its stride. Especially now that I’ve had some time to get to know some of the crew and care about what happens to them. The tone has been steadily evolving as well

It’s not classic Trek, but it’s been a fun ride so far. The first couple of episodes made getting into it more difficult than it might have to be though.

I’ll definitely be watching when it comes back next year.

That’s weird, mine doesn’t look like that. This is all it says:
SUBSCRIPTION & BILLING
It looks like you signed up for CBS All Access on your Roku. To update your subscription or billing information, please visit the account settings on your device.
And it has nothing like that when I go to Roku account. Strange.

That’s remarkably annoying. I just did mine on my desktop where I signed up, so I guess I didn’t need to worry about another device.

And if it’s like most services these days, good luck trying to get hold of a person on their end who can help you resolve the problem.

This was an awesome episode - Really enjoyed every single bit of it - My GF almost cried at the bombastic , epic homecoming scene on the bridge - We enjoy the show and the actors, and can’t wait for 8th of January :-)