Star Trek Discovery (2017)

Wow, Episode 12 was so intense, and a bit of a revelation. This crazy show. I don’t want to stop watching. I wonder if there’s enough time for one more episode tonight?

The ending of Episode 13, wow. They really know how to raise the stakes when they transition from one storyline to another. I don’t know how they’re going to resolve all this in only two more episodes.

I can feel a cliff-hanger coming.

Looking forward to hear what you think of the “wrap up”.

Well, first of all, the end of Episode 14: Chills, absolute chills. The visuals, and the music, what a fantastic end to that episode. They really know how to end an episode you guys. Discovery is the bomb when it comes to ending episodes.

The finale:

I thought it was pretty good.

• Things I didn’t like include a rushed last episode that tied up every loose end really fast, and that it strained believability the way they showed it.
  • On the other hand, I loved the concept, and the call back to the first episode, and making different moral choices, it really almost made me choke up in how beautifully it brought everything back.
  • As for the very end, it meant almost nothing. I guess I was never a big TOS fan, even though I eventually became one thanks to the movies.

But now that it’s over, I’m kind of surprised to learn that they’re working on a Season 2. Everything in this series was wrapped up, why would be need a second season?

Spoilers with more details about the final episode.

I do love the idea of finding a peaceful solution by putting in power a Klingon whose mind they changed. It’s just a shame that they did all that in 2 minutes. They could have really expanded that aspect to a full episode, and it could have worked better. Plus the awkward way they showed it later, with the Klingon just presenting a random pad to the Klingon high council and claiming that the pad could destroy Gronos. Yeah, sure lady. But yeah, they really didn’t have any time left, and the season was ending, but still, they should have just not included that scene. They could have just cut straight to the Klingon fleet turning away from Federation space. Still, I did love the concept of what they were trying, and the way Michael’s actions in the pilot were the opposite of her actions in the finale. That was very interesting because in the premiere I was really with Michael’s mutiny, and in the finale, I was against Michael’s mutiny, and yet, in doing it the way they did, they kind of made me feel ashamed of my position. It brought back memories of Picard, and how he could convince me that doing the right thing was important. More important than the end result. And I loved that this was the message of this whole season.

I agree with everything but the rating, I would say “meh” rather than “pretty good”.

I will never pay for CBS All Acc…

Make it so.

Wow… Did not expect that to happen!

How are they going to gel the old TNG atmosphere with the new edgy dark STD?

It’s supposed to be a new show set 20 yrs after Nemesis, so they won’t even try.

I am ok with this. :)

A few cameo appearances from old cast would be perfectly fine.

giphy

Lets celebrate!

We need a new topic for the new Picard show! I’d suggest calling it “The Even Nexter Generation”, or “The New Adventures of Old Picard”, or “The Federation and AARP”.

Yeah. Worst episode by far, but everyone seems to love it.

Interesting, I was watching this show with my partner - who doesn’t give a damn about sci-fi generally - and the first thing she said as the ending credits appeared was “Now THAT was a Star Trek episode” while rolling her eyes…

Is Stewart as Picard going to be the lead actor? Or will he be a backroom admiral who appears on-screen every now and then?

Wrong show, bro.

By the way, what did you guys think of the fact that most bridge officers in Star Trek: Discovery were not main characters on the show? It’s not something I’m used to from past Trek shows, so it took me some time to get used to it, and it still feels weird.

It’s a “conversation in a hallway” show. Hard for me to get into those. I would prefer a bridge main setting.