Star Trek Discovery (2017)

I’m sorry, could you explain who is who on the picture?
I think i see Dax (Terry Farrel) on the left, but the rest i don’t recognise at first glance…

From left to right:
Dax.
A cylon.
Fake Spock.
A local realtor.
Chevy Chase.

I see, people i don’t need to know (yet), except of Dax (she looks kinda old now!)…

I’m just annoyed Fake Spock is showing emotion.

I’m pretty sure the one next to Dax/Terry Farrell is Leonard Nimoy’s son, who she just married. Lucky sod.

That is Dax from DS9 and her husband Spock’s son.
The new Spock for Discovery in the middle.
2 other people on the right.

Well, the joke’s on you lordkosc from two years ago! I just finished watching the first season, and it’s easily the best Star Trek series so far.

It’s interesting to read this thread from the start now, almost everyone was totally convinced that it was going to be a total disaster.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MarriedThirstyHawaiianmonkseal-max-1mb.gif

I think it’s a bit of a disaster, but probably for different reasons than most. I want a non-episodic show, I just think it’s a bad one.

There are certainly things I’d have done differently with Discovery (almost everything Klingon-related), but overall, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to S2.

Do you think the first season of any other Trek show (other than TOS) is better than Discovery’s first season? Personally, I think Trek shows are always crazy rough in their first season. Discovery has some issues, but as far as first seasons go, I think it’s head and shoulders above the others.

I would have liked Discovery more if it wasn’t a Star Trek show – the things I didn’t like about it were the places where it established something that felt wrong thematically or in some other way that didn’t align with what I want and expect from Star Trek.

But if I view the show as it’s own thing I thought it was great. If this show had not been officially Star Trek, but rather a star-trek-like show that had shown up on CBS, I’d have been flabbergasted to see such a mainstream high quality science fiction production.

All things considered I think the positives outweigh the negatives and I’m glad that it exists.

I kind of had the same reaction from the other side, sort of.

If this was any other universe, I would have felt that the show was too dark and depressing at times. But what kept it from feeling that way to me was the fact that it was a Star Trek show. Just knowing that what is to come in Star Trek is bright and hopeful and rainbows and ponies really helped me overcome the thought that the show was a little depressing. So it being a Star Trek show is what gave it that needed balance for me.

I was very close to giving up after the first two episodes due to the interminable Klingon scenes, but carried on since a friend who knows I don’t care much about Trek insisted that I would actually like Discovery. Klingon is just so stilted and boring to listen to as a fake language, and the monologues were so dull that it was a real chore to even read the subtitles. But no matter how much I disliked the production aspects, the time spent on establishing the Klingon characters paid off story-wise.

There seemed to be a ton of inconsistencies and characters acting in ways that made no sense, which bothered me a lot when watching. But most of those turned out to make sense once the twist was revealed. (I had to stop watching and spend a while mentally replaying all the previous episodes, and re-interpreting them). And like some people commented earlier in the thread, they did a great job of misdirecting the real twist with the much more obvious Tyler plot.

Has anyone played this game?

I wonder if season 2 will be based on another adventure game, e.g. space quest. Maybe she’ll be busted back to janitor?

Can’t find a real store page, but here’s an old greenlight for it

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344701010

Yea, good luck with that. That’s very weaksauce.

Eventually, we will run out of ideas and everything will just be plagiarism (intentional or not).

NY Comic Con season 2 trailer. First Spock…with a beard!

NuNuSpock looks like a barista.