Starflight 3!

Yeah, the campaign may have been premature and meant more as a proof of concept/interest than a true funding solicitation.

Still very interested for what it’s worth.

I can’t blame them for running it up the flagpole to see who salutes. It’s not like once they make an attempt they have to wait a long time to make another or may simply never have another opportunity (unlike poor Jeb!).

If they can get near halfway there with minimal marketing, that should leave them with little doubt that with a concerted effort they can likely get all the way there.

I agree. Hopefully they don’t get discouraged and try again in the near future. In the land of easy distraction, you need to be a loud voice on multiple channels and wow the masses. Then the spice, er pledges will flow.

Today it was an interview with…Chris Taylor.

This is what I don’t get. I’m a little self-serving when I say this, I know, but we did a 2 hour interview with them the other night.

Not one mention on the Fig page. Or in an email.

I’m bummed by this for a variety of reasons. The interview had good info that potential backers might want to hear, primarily.

I just…I just don’t get it…

Here, this might help you with some context of why that is.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1042723275279933440

To them, you’re not a big “name”, so you don’t matter. So they’re not looking for your endorsement.

(to them, not to you) ;)

If that’s true – and it likely is, I just feel the need to preface it with that – then that’s just sad. I may not be big, but I’m not nothing.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1043203347531145216

You’re not wrong.

This is seeming more and more likely. 6 days left, 47% funded. Unless they get a massive 11th hour push, it’s likely not happening.

How does one make Twitter threads, by the way?

Yeah they actually mention this in the email. Of course

• Tweet1
  • reply to Tweet1
  • reply to Tweet2
  • tweet to @threadreaderapp unroll

Then the 1st tweat becomes the 1st one in the thread and is listed in that order.

If you want an html page, reply to the last tweet to this bot: @threadreaderapp unroll

It will then send you a link with an html of all the posts in the thread. You end up with something like this:

Oh man, they also say:

We’re doing our best to get the word out

ARE YOU THOUGH?

Sorry, I shouldn’t be so salty. I try to be positive but this really has me down.

Yeah, it’s very uncharacteristic of you. Don’t let it get you down. It’s dead now anyway.

I still love you Brian :)

I know, but I really wanted this to succeed. I feel like I personally did all I could, and am just sad that it’s nowhere near enough.

Likewise buddy. :)

Actually, they have stated on FIG that they have only a limited window of opportunity to get this done and they really don’t have time to wait for more money.

But they said on the podcast that they’d continue to work on it in their very limited spare time.

Devs lie about development. All the time. Usually for no apparent reason other than to keep up appearances.