Starflight 3!

I’m # 518 for the $125

First time I’ve EVER done this. But it’s Starflight.

$133 (w/ shipping) is worth the risk IMO.

I am backer #141! And I would have been earlier than that except I wrestled with going all in, doing a $200 backer just because I love Starflight so much. But then I knew I’d have to have a discussion with the wife, and I dialed down my enthusiasm a bit.

They have collected already 70K without setting even a goal. You guys have really thrown your wallets at these guys :)

And deservedly so, I think. I checked for years that Starflight 3 web site…

Averages out to $122 a backer so far.

That was the only thing that gave me a (temporary) pause…they say that they won’t bill the CC until they meet their goal, but didn’t say what that goal was.

If I had it to spare, I’d have done that $5,000 backer package in a nanosecond. No question .

YES!

I’m all over this.

I was actually thinking about the 125$ package @BrianRubin but wanted to see the campaign play out a bit longer…

Looks like everyone backing at this moment wants alpha access and wish they could pony up more @vyshka

I feel cheap going with the $45 option. Usually with these things I do the lowest tier that offers the digital copy.

Honestly I haven’t even looked at the page yet now that it is up. I spent this month’s entertainment budget already on a video card upgrade. I fear that though I have maintained some discipline regarding not throwing money at nostalgia inducing projects, this one will break me.

Next month however…

I tried to lobby for an 85 dollar backstage tier with alpha access but no physical goods. I could spring for the 125 tier, I just don’t particularly want a physical copy these days. No response yet.

This isn’t a continuation of that fan project is it?

No, it’s official.

I meant that clearly I wasn’t the only person checking that website @RickH :)

I will be holding out for the alpha as I find that kind of early access to spoil games like this for me… and it’s not like the campaign will be a close thing.

You were not. The closest thing we got was Lost Colony.

Greg Johnson here. I designed the Starflight games Coincidentally, I too have just returned from the future!.. where it was conclusively determined that of all past threads this one was the most intelligent and entertaining. Nice job guys! You will get the posthumous “Best ancient thread” award! I’m sorry you died, but hey… I was dead too. Well past me was. Feel free to shoot me questions btw. Not sure if I can answer wm but I’ll try. You guys deserve it.

OMG HI GREG!

Holy crap, now I’ve got to try to think of intelligent questions and not sound like a drooling fanboy. This might take a while.

edit: guess I’d just add a comment, while I’m totally happy to get in on the funding and will play day one on my PC, I’m hopeful that with the comment in the FAQ that this will make its way to consoles. Love to play this one on my TV with surround sound.

Someone get Brian a stiff drink. :)

And this wins the “Best First Post” award, I’m certain.

Wonderful to see you here Greg. I’ve often said over the years when evaluating a new game on the horizon (No Man’s Sky comes to mind) that I want to be able to wander onto a random planet and have the chance to discover some crazy alien thing, because never knowing what you might find is half the fun of exploring.

The reason? Starflight 2.