Starflight 3!

In Doki-Doki Universe, is the character’s name (QT3) purely coincidental?

Right because it’s in, uh, preview mode(?) or something. Basically an actual campaign should launch at some point in the near future which will have an actual goal I assume.

Correct. Part of what they are doing is judging interest so they can set an achievable goal for the main campaign.

Ah, got it, thanks.
As I said, this is the first time I’ve crowd-funded a game. I didn’t know the process.
This actually makes a lot of sense and makes me respect these guys more.

Ugh, don’t tell me that. Starflight 2 was my first Amiga game. Very fond memories of it. I don’t want an action game!

Just try the Genesis version and report back. It’s sad they never ported Starflight 2.

I remember renting Starflight for Genesis when I was pretty young(ish) and at some point I had rented it about 6 or 7 times because none of the local gaming stores had a copy for sale.

Honestly, it’s one of my fondest gaming memories.

As someone else mentioned, I hope if they get nothing else right, they absolutely nail the feeling of going to a new planet with unknown hazards and unknown treasure to unearth. That feeling of not knowing what to expect.

Looking forward to following this thread.

Dude. Dude! Dude?

Dude.

I think I’m going to load the gog versions back up and play some starflight this weekend.

Or maybe it should be this instead:

I GUESS US IS BEST FRIEND. PERHAPS WE WILL EAT TOGETHER THE SLIMY NODULES A MANY THE MOST DELICIOUS.

ZOUNDS! I FLABBERGAST! I DUMBFOUND! I NOT BELIEVING MY SENSORY APPARATUS! BARBARIAN ALIENS IS NOT RECOGNIZE VELOXI ARE TOO MUCH THE SUPERIOR.

Here ya go Brian. This injection will calm you. This soup will warm you. This cage will keep you safe. Relax. Be calm.

Is cool, I played an hilariously-violent game and felt immediately better.

Nice. So when is Greg going to be on your podcast? Those that listen want to know. :)

Working on it.

Oh, I totally did when I first found out.

Very, very cool - I might actually have to back this and I never back anything. Starflight was one of those formative games for me, a new one done well would be incredible.

FYI, they have added a new tier, but in lieu of this suggestion, they made a normal (not backstage exclusive) tier at 100 dollars that includes alpha access and a second digital copy.

I have enquired as to whether both copies receive all extras.

Announcer: it does not

Most likely it will still be a key you register with steam for the physical copy right?

Just checked in to see if this was live yet. Nope. Still coming soon.