Starflight 3!

Wow…just…wow…

I mean hey, my partner hates almost everything I enjoy / do for fun, and we’ve made it 15 years!

I…just…wow…okay.

Anyway, Starflight 3, yay!

I was trying to think, WHERE do I know this @BrianRubin guy from? You’re Space Game Junkie and I’m an idiot. We exchanged some messages on youtube about you hopefully getting a cheapo capture device (EasyCap) specifically to be able to capture your playing of Starflight on the Genesis. Did you ever get one? Also I’m in your Discord but completely forgot. Hah. I’m in too many Discord servers.

But yeah, STARFLIGHT!!11one. I’m so excited about this.

Hahahahah no you’re not hello there!

The precise reason why I have to learn a string of 23 numbers by heart every 3 years.

When I was a kid I used to have to smuggle my video games into the house. Though I think it had more to do with the fact they didn’t like me going to the mall where the Electronics Boutique was located since they considered it a bad part of town. I’m pretty sure starflight was one of the games that entered my house half stuffed into my waistband with a bulky sweatshirt over it.

Fortunately now the only one who judges me when I overspend on video games is myself. When I catch my reflection holding my credit card in my overly glossy monitor I think for a second about my huge backlog.

These days I only get the stink eye from the wife when she’s wondering why I could possibly need another ukulele.

All I have to say is thank our glorious Penbladian overlord that someone else bought the Alpha Supreme tier. After I specifically requested a digital alpha tier and they made it happen (even if it was different than what I’d requested), I felt like an idiot when I was the only one that had bought it.

I’m so glad you typed credit card. Anyway, I am in for $20.

I was thinking this one:

Good point, she’d probably roll her eyes if I whipped out anything at the computer.

Ugh I want to play it so badly right this minute.

On another note… @Greg_Johnson Hey man, no offense intended at all, but will the bloom lighting be a slider or something we can turn down/off? It’s a great look for videos and stuff. But I find in actual gameplay, in other games at least, that it kind of makes my eyes bleed. Figuratively of course. But in a literal sense, it can actually give me headaches if I’ve been awake for long hours and playing a dark game and suddenly there’s this super bright, bloom-y light source. I’m thinking Oblivion I guess, more than anything (luckily able to disable that). I’m going to play the game regardless, but I figure it’s worth asking.

Holy crap, that looks like an amazing Star Control knockoff. I’m in!

If not I’m sure someone will hack those calls into a null hole lol.

I’m not sure if this was meant in jest, but anyway, Starflight predates and helped inspire Star Control. Paul and Fred and Greg all worked in the same building and helped each other out. IIRC there were some statements to the effect of Paul mentoring Greg during the creation of Starflight. Greg worked on Star Control 2 and appears in the credits.

It was. When I’m mired in the Tuesday dolrums, I love nothing more than Berserker @BrianRubin. :)

The “Holy crap that looks amazing” and “I’m in!” parts were definitely not in jest, though!