STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Agents of Mayhem seemed worth a try for $8, or whatever it was. I had to get the deluxe version, of course, to get the Safeword Agent pack, so more like $12. Still.

$12 is pushing it for Agents of Mayhem.

I still think Tom got a secret bribe gift delivery of his favorite snacks from the offices of Volition, before writing his review / making it his personal game of the year for 2017.

I wouldn’t want to talk you out of Shadowhand (if you like these type of card games).

I’m getting Shadowhand mostly to support Cliffski, who I adore.

Ugh I forgot about Shadowhand, hmmm, dare I get it and Slay the Spire? Can I handle 2 card games at the same time? D:

Shadowhand is great, if you like solitaire games. I was also a fan of Regency Solitaire though.

Shadowhand is on my list to possibly pick-up, too. I enjoy the solitaire-style games.

Just bought Glass Masquerade (and finished it, about 4 hours of play) for $1.92 CDN. Beautiful artwork and relaxing gameplay. Thanks for the recommend, @lordkosc.

Haven’t bought anything so far (Alumni Weekend at Lewis and Clark College has occupied my time), but I did take advantage of the 30 for 25 PayPal deal and am sorely tempted to buy Overload for full price. I almost never do that, but the jonesing, it is strong.
Does anyone know if it supports FF on the old MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2? Pretty please?

EDF 4.1 is my only pickup so far. Only played about an hour but I’m really enjoying it. Now I see why people love the old XBox versions so much.

Yay!!

If you’ve played Fairway Solitaire or Regency Solitaire, you know what the gameplay is like. Shadowhand adds more RPG elements, like equipable items, and a competitive mode. The story was a little disappointing to me, because it seems like it could have been great in that romance novel way, and I basically liked the Jane Austen-style story in Regency Solitaire. It was a little ramshackle. Totally serviceable, though, as a scaffold for the gameplay.

I’d recommend it at the sale price, for sure.

Glad you liked it, very relaxing and well worth the price imho.

Friends, with all the Drox Operative questions – since I’ve admittedly been pushing it – I figured I’d stream a little for y’all. Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Mixer

Your past buying record suggests…yes. :-)

I guess that is true, I am still working my way through 11 different games right now. Just not sure I want to start a lot of new stuff, else they will just get tossed into the backlog abyss.

I got Portal 2 for $2.

Because while it has a lot of potential, it’s got a lot of bugs that will drive you crazy. Things you build / capture (they call NPC’s “thralls” when you capture them & put them to work in your based), will randomly disappear. (both of my trebuchets disappeared within 2 days, entire base of thralls disappered, etc)

Building is wonky trying to get things to fit together.

The progression system is SUPER grindy.

I find the harder bosses impossible to do solo (I’m sure others will say no problem), and getting people together long enough to get to endgame (I’m at 109 hrs and at only level 52 out of 60) is very difficult.

Probably the biggest sin is so few updates since launch. The latest one, quite frankly, I didn’t even see anything they did other than set up for the latest DLC they are launching instead of fixing the bugs. It’s like they don’t even acknowledge the bugs which means they don’t value my time b/c when I lose things that took me time to build, it just gets to the point where it’s just not worth it anymore.

Saying all that, when the building works, it’s great. When the thralls work, it’s a nice additive to a game. I’d give it a year and see where it’s at to be honest.

I suck. Steam defeated me. I greet my new Fallout 4 overlord.

Preston Garvey is gonna be your new best friend. ;)

One of us.