STEAM - Summer Sale 2019

That is so amazing.

My mom used to have Cockatiel’s and I hated them but they were cool. I also knew everyone would pig the dog, so I skipped that one. Too easy.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Imperial Edition is 44% off at $48.43, a historic low. Might be low enough to finally get me to bite.

This seems like a complicated sale minigame

Looks like you no longer receive trading cards for crafting badges - I always saved mine to craft during the sales to get more cards. Instead I get discounts on games I have absolutely no interest in buying. I’d prefer a buck or two off of any game.

4 Purchases

Super Mega Baseball 2
Eastshade
Star Control Origins
Zombie Army Trilogy

Glad it’s not just me!

As to the sale itself, these largely appear to be the same discounts Humble had a month ago and (where pertinent) GOG had a couple weeks back. Not surprising, mind - the days of the exceptional Steam sale are long gone at this point.

Yep. Underwhelming is what I’d call it, but it’s par for the course nowadays. I’m at the point where either there’s a game I’m interested enough to go beyond my price point, or there isn’t. I don’t see any deals that are tempting price-wise.

EDIT: Which is fine by me. This allows me to decide what to buy based on other considerations, such as supporting GOG.

This sale is AWESOME. SFD is on sale for the first time since its release a year ago: 30% off!

Yeah, I made some fairly substantial purchases in the last GOG sale and am pleased to regret none of them (if anything, there are a couple of things I wish I hadn’t held back on). I didn’t think I would, but any lingering chance has evaporated here.

And mind you, I’m not trying to knock Steam here (not for this, anyway), I just think we’re at a point in history of the industry where a sale is a sale.

That does look interesting…

What is this and why have you not mentioned it before?

I have but nobody clicks my links because they smell :(

Maybe they thought SFD was for Silly French Dave?

You got a sale for SFD here. I had not even heard about it. I don’t click smelly links usually, though!

I think I’ll pick it up as well, I like smelly links.

Yeah, I might try that as well.

Don’t miss out on the badly underrated Tower of Time on sale for $10!

A few that caught my eye today at 75% off or more…

I don’t think I will buy anything until the Humble Monthly drops next Friday.

Ah, a Steam sale. AKA, this game has been on my wishlist forever. It will never be cheaper. But I’m still not buying it. So why is it on my damn wishlist? Delete.

This is fantastic.

Buying stuff is for old people now.