STEAM - Summer Sale 2019

But I want to own the invisible ones and zeroes!

Personally I want to support the folks that wrote the invisible ones and zeroes. I assume game subscriptions are as shitty for developers as Spotify is for musicians.

It’s weird the way people talk about buying vs subscription as though it’s an either/or situation.

duckduckgo

Again, relating it to the music industry, experience seems to indicate that for a lot of people it is an either/or situation. Personally I use Pandora to find new music to buy, so I take your point, but then I’m old. :)

He said the price would never again drop after the release day sale… Hurry and get your copy now before this massive error is rectified!! :D

Still too much for a game made by a nazi racist.

Also Homo sapienist

Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in:
Dominions 4 - I have 3 so 4 must be better
Game of Puzzles: Dragons - slide puzzles <$1
Oriental Empires - Looks like a good RTS
The Room Three - Most wanted, as I loved 1 and 2
Space Tyrant - I dunno, looked good and the price was right
Starpoint Gemini Warlords Gold - All DLC, Price finally right!
Total War: Warhammer - Good reviews, and 75% off, so gotta try it

It starts off as an alternative. Then customer expectations change, and only subscriptions are left. Particularly, once you take away the mental need for some kind of ownership, it’s gone for good.

The world changes and then we die and some other people take it from there.

No snark intended: I truly love how a thread devoted to an annual game sale goes off on these tangents.

Original Thea or Thea 2? Which is the better buy if I haven’t played either?

This has gotten depressing.

That gif gives me blue balls because it cuts out before the windows explode.

Anybody who wants to check out an interesting no-combat painting-based exploration indie game…

For anyone looking to cheese the event to get the $5 store discount, if you have some game on Steam with a decent number of achievements that doesn’t have a large player base, you can get ludicrous numbers of points just by clocking 30 minutes in the game and then collecting points from the event page.

If you like open world tactical RPGs, I heard this one is pretty good, though its (unofficial?) English translation is a bit rough.

This is the first time I’ve seen it on sale.

[ed]

I think it’s a remake of some '90s RPG for the PC that never got released in the West. Maybe I’m wrong.

How far did you get into Eastshade @Clay , I watched Tom stream it awhile back and it was…not what I was expecting.

Sadly, I’m without a Windows machine right now, so I got as far as adding it to my wishlist. I enjoy the non-combat “walking simulator” narrative-driven style, though, so I want to check it out when I can.