Steam Summer Sale 2022 and Autumn too!

I need to revisit it since it’s big recent patches but at the time I was very mad at it.

I like it “OK”. It’s kinda boring unless you really like making custom buildings/exhibits with a lot of detail.

Isn’t another big fixes update not due for several months yet?

Very fun little game. I loved it.

I really enjoyed Planet Zoo. You can make some really cool habitats and the animal models are really well done. The controls can be very fiddly. The park/business side is ok. I liked it better than planet coaster, but to be honest I don’t remember coaster that well.
The DLC is all about animals and decorations. If there are animals you want in your zoo or a theme you really like in a pack, you should get it. Otherwise you can skip it.

Thx for letting me know. I rather have a good simulation.

No idea.

There is a patch currently in beta that is an upgrade to a new version of the engine he is using. I think one of main complaints Brian had though is a design choice by Elliot, and I don’t know if they plan to change or adjust how the resource shipping works.

After watching my wife play this all weekend, I decided to pick it up yesterday. It sounds like you can play co-op so I may join her.

Hadn’t even heard of Golftopia until rrmorton mentioned it. Immediately bought it as my only purchase in the sale.

Huh. Looks like a decently priced, co-op ready RimWorld with monsters as the main enemy.

Warbanners is not 4k monitor compliant. Too small. Workaround is to change desktop to 1080p but who wants to bother doing that.

Final Steam sale haul:

Library of Ruina, $14.99
Himeko Sutori, $11.49
Recursed, $1.99
Monster Girl Manager, $5.49
Fates of Ort, $7.49
Tetris Effect, $23.99

I had also purchased Astronarch, but refunded it because of the Fanatical bundle it showed up in shortly after for less than the Steam price.

Overall, not a bad sale this year!

In addition to Airborne Kingdom a few days ago, I also ended up buying :

The Solitaire Conspiracy - $2.53
Quarantine Circular - $1.26
Halo: Spartan Strike - $0.78
Simmiland - $1.98
Stacklands - $2.97

So a total of just under $25 spent this sale.

As one of the few people on earth with a VR headset who didn’t yet own Alyx I picked that up at the start the sale. I had been waiting for it to get discounted.

For some reason I thought the sale was over and it might safe to open the store page again. My backlog is huge, I already don’t have time for all my hobbies, and I need more gaming time just for my MSFS habit. Yet here I am eyeing my wishlist.

Any opinions on Space Haven? Doesn’t seem to be much talk of it here. Does it seem doomed to forever be in early access or is it getting close to completion?

I’m highly tempted by Airborne Kingdom. Nothing has recently satisfied my city builder itch.

VTOL VR clearly gets rave reviews so I think it might be time to pick that up, but it’s just going to rob time from MSFS. Anyone play it much? Is it something you keep coming back to or something that’s super cool for a week and then gets repetitive?

The Golftopia QT3 thread is here.

Kind of amazing to me, honestly. Alyx is why I bought a Quest.

So I ended up doing this. I’m a huge fan of the look and feel of Neocore games and after watching a few videos and scanning the QT3 thread for the game I was sold.

Thanks for the reminder! I grabbed this as well since I already owned the other Halo : Spartan game. No clue when I will actually play them, but gotta catch 'em all, right?

That’s it for my Steam Sale damage. I did purchase the Humble Choice bundle today as well so I could get Banners of Ruin, Legend of Keepers, Deep Rock Galactic, Necromunda and the Trudograd expansion for ATOM RPG all for $8.40 after $4 off coupon. I also grabbed the Deep Sky Derelicts Complete bundle off Fanatical for $1.00. I already owned Deep Sky Derelicts, but a buck for both DLC is still a steal.

Looks like I’ll wait until the Winter Sale to see about Warbanners, Aggressors, Imperiums, Tainted Grail, Solasta and others…

…though if you were on the fence about Solasta : Crown of the Magister at $15.99 (calling @Djscman!), Fanatical now has it for only $13.19 (67%)!

Last minute indie pickups & wishlist-cleaning:

• American Trucks in Idaho
  • Ascender
  • Blake
  • Brukel
  • Conduct Deluxe
  • Cosmonator
  • Deathless Dungeon
  • Flamebreak
  • Golftopia
  • Mad Games Tycoon 2
  • Mars Underground
  • Procyon
  • Quern Undying Thoughts
  • RunGun JumpGun
  • the Big Journey
  • the Lost Marble
  • Tome: Embers of Rage
  • Valley

Below budget for this sale. I sold my deck to a friend, so I can wait another 6 months before collecting games for one :)

Bought Evochron Legacy right at the end. Been curious about it, and mildly discounted price appeared to be as low as it ever goes.

That plus Alyx is my total damage for this sale.