Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy thready thingy

Quick question, can you remove a starbase after you’ve colonised a system?

Started a new game with 2.0 but not Apocalypse. Game immediately minimized when I hit Play. Thought it had crashed. I have no music no matter how I set the slider. I usually turn music off anyway but this time I wanted to hear it. Figures. :) I liked having a science ship explore the home system but it looks like it starts explored now. No big deal as there are plenty of other systems out there. Still just getting used to the interface but liking the game so far.

Same here, no major problems except for the music. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to build an additional science vessel, which can only be built from your home planet and not from the shipyard on your starbase.

I’m speculating, but I’m guessing no since control of star systems is now based on who controls the star base in that system. At least that’s my understanding.

Yeah that stumped me too. Planets build civilian ships and star bases build military ships. After I built the science ship I found out I did not have enough energy to hire a researcher for it. Seems odd you need energy for that.

Energy is the equivalent of $$$, from what I can tell. Makes as much sense as Influence, I guess, which is what it was previously.

Control of a system is based on having an outpost/star base/star hold etc. in the system. The bare minimum is an outpost and there are no limits to how many of those you can have. To conquer a system you must first capture the outpost before you can invade planets. Therefore I would say you must keep at least an outpost.

Ahh, you initially build an Outpost that doesn’t count to Starbase cap. I was conflating the two and wondering why I had a starbase cap of 3 but a system cap of 5!

Music worked the second time I started the game. Maybe if you have it off then you have to reset it and reload the game for the setting to take effect? Sounds, to me anyway, like the music is unchanged in 2.0 so maybe you need Apocalypse for the new music?

Announced today… from the creators of the New Horizons mod…

Also, New Horizons was updated to with V2 support this morning. The Stellaris team reached out to them early to help them adapt to all the changes.

Built my first Starbase in a neighboring system and it was an Outpost. Thought I saw in a video about 2.0 that the first two levels of Starbases were available at the start of a game. However the game never asked me what level of Starbase I wanted so maybe Outpost is the only choice at the start of a game?

Hopefully someone will be making a good 2.0 tutorial on Youtube soon.

Edit - OK there is an option to upgrade the Outpost to a Starport so it looks like you can’t just build the Starport initially.

You automatically build an outpost. I think you need to upgrade to starbase from within the build tab. Not sure whether it’s available at the start or requires tech though.

This is the case, yes. It’s part of the expansion, rather than the free update.

Yup, I saw that and edited my post just as you typed yours. Thanks. :)

I see what you’re doing here, and it made me LOL.

I was unaware there were mods! And Star Trek none the less! Oh man… my free time…

You are so screwed now! Tons and tons of mods out there. Time to retire early, @lordkosc.

If you want to save a few dollars on the Apocalypse expansion several sites (WinGameStore, MacGameStore, Game Billet, Fanatical, DLGamer) are all selling it for less than $17.

Did they not update the tutorial in the game?

LOL!

Fanatical in particular gets an extra discount with code LUNAR8 ($15.63)