Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

There’s a ton of news in today’s dispatch y’all, so I hope y’all don’t mind me sharing it.

I have a second “Indie Audition” video, this time playing the game AER: Memories of Old, an open world exploration game where you’re a girl who can fly around as a bird, and DAMN it’s some good good flying action. And beautiful art. And music with a banjo. And adorable little sheep that follow you around. I might have squee’d.

If you watch, please let me know what you think!

Thanks for the cat camera time!
The game reminded me of Galleon, an “old” Xbox game, right from the first moment because of the peculiar esthetics and the way the character walked, but instead of climbing walls, this one features awesome flying (it’s really tough to not be frustrated watching somebody fly in a video, unless they nail the flight model; they obviously did). I know somebody I’ll be gifting it to this coming Xmas.

@Jason_McMaster is streaming Strange Brigade tonight and he has a special guest joining him at the moment.

If you missed it, here’s a video of our adventures last night

I missed it, and 10 minutes in, this is already making my evening, thank you guys!

Hey folks, I’m going to be streaming the first bit of Seven: The Days Long Gone - an Isometric game from some ex-Witcher folks. This was a request from my Patreon.

Edit: Here’s the video from last night!

Here’s a slightly offbeat one: for about a decade now, starting in college, I’ve been working on an open, generic tabletop RPG system, and after a few rewrites and a few thousand hours of work, it’s nearly done, along with a science fiction module in the vein of WH40K Rogue Trader and a lighter-weight police procedural module.

Why? In part because I wanted to take a crack at doing some common RPG abstractions differently, in part because I like bell curves and don’t like most of the bell curve systems out there right now, and in part because of the sunk cost fallacy.

It still has plenty of rough edges, but I’m hoping to file some of those off with my local gaming group with a few one-shots. It hasn’t been played in any form since 2012, and even then, in its overcomplicated form, it generated good stories. It’s a much simpler, more mature design now, and I’m looking forward to seeing it in action.

Did you enjoy it?

Initially I have, yes. It’s a bit frustrating and the controls are kind of weird, but it’s intriguing.

Thanks for posting this! I’m still going through the docs, so I don’t have anything insightful to say yet, but I do like the idea of engineering out a better alternative to the D20.

Thanks. I think it’s entirely fair to me to say that better-engineered alternatives already exist, but I’ve never been much of a joiner.

I really dug Three Identical Strangers. Some of you may like it too!

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! This week I’ve got two games for you. The first is the quick and brutal decision-centric space survival game, 60 Parsecs. The second is some kind of weird mashup of grand strategic board game play and tactical combat called Final Theory.

On this week’s Podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we welcome back the delightful Derek Smart to talk about the recent big changes he’s made to Universal Combat, and likely a boatload of other things! ;)

On Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we return to one of our current favorite multiplayer games, so join us as we mine and die in Deep Rock Galactic!

Finally, a massive thanks to everyone who has subscribed to the YouTube channel and finally put us over the 6,000 subscriber mark! Thank you all for being so awesome!

We streamed some No Retreat! The Russian Front on Twitch last night.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/318155454

Hey folks, welcome to another week of spacey gaming! This week, we’ll look at spacey ARPG, Origin Space. On the upside, it’s fun, fast, has a lot of loot and lots of enemies to kill. It’s also hilariously imbalanced in the player’s favor. On the downside, it’s not finished, as it’s missing entire classes and features like crafting, plus it’s buggy as heckfire, and seems to have been abandoned by its developer, which is sad.

For this week’s Podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll bring on the creator of the Fading Suns universe, Andrew Greenberg, to talk the latest video game in the series, Noble Armada: Lost Worlds!

For this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be trying out the co-op of the survival shootery game thing, Dustwind!

Thanks for being awesome everyone! I know there’s a lot of competition for your time, and I’m happy just to get a sliver of it. :)

My latest “Indie Audition” video has me playing Aztez, a combination brawler and strategy game with an Aztec theme and some really striking artwork. Check it out!

Hello my friends, and welcome to another week of fun, spacey gaming! This week’s game of the week is so special, so fun, so exciting, I’m giving it two weeks! Join me as I slowly build my spacey business empire in the amazing Helium Rain!

This week on the Podcast (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be talking to the developer of the VERY fun and Starflightesque space exploration and combat game, Starcom: Nexus!

On this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be playing the multiplayer for the amazingly wonderful Executive Assault 2, which also drops into early access that day!

Finally, please note that starting this week, both Tuesday and Thursday streams are moving back one-half hour, to 5:00 PM Pacific time (unless otherwise noted). Thanks as always for being awesome y’all!

My good friend Dr Joshua Hall has written a piece for Ancient World Magazine about three ancient admirals in Civilization VI that might be of interest.

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! This week, we continue our journey as a small business owner in the amazing Helium Rain. This means we build stations, make trade routes and a whole lot more. This is such an amazing game y’all, and you’d be silly NOT to buy it.

On this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 6:00 AM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be getting up super early to keep the Helium Rain love going by talking to the developer of Helium Rain about Helium Rain! ;)

Finally, on this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ve hacked Helium Rain to make it playable in multiplayer…just kidding. ;) We’ll be returning to our monthly long-play game, the amazing Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair!

Thanks as always for being awesome y’all!