Street Fighter 5 - Hundred hand slap

jumping is another option, but it’s less powerful. Command grabs are really risky now, in S2 folks felt they were a bit too good (I disagree, but I play a grappler character).

In some situations Alex can combo his grabs, those are combos and you can’t do anything about that once it starts. It’s off his fierce flash chop or V-trigger though.

Going to be taking a break now that I reached my goal- even if it took 2 hours of grinding this morning. Ran into the annoying Vega army. (bad matchup for my character, and frustrating because it’s so slow and you spend most of it blocking)

Noob question, if I want to play against some forumners, do I need your steam id or something else?

I don’t have the game yet.

There is an in game “CFN” ID that you use so it’s not really tied to steam or PSN. Downside is that unless you are in SF5 you can’t see who is playing based just on CFN. Enter twitter.

Upside is that there is PC/PS4 cross platform play.

Just post CFNs. There’s also a QT3 discord that could be used to set up matches.

Enjoying arcade mode. It’s nice to have an offline mode to play with that isn’t training and doesn’t suck to play. Online is great, but as I get used to a new character it’s nice to have a few more choices to acclimate to the new moves/combos.

I’m Cathcart on PS4 and MikeCathcart on PC. I’m garbage at this game. I can’t even get into bronze. A few days ago I accidentally beat a guy, I think maybe he had a stroke. So now I have some LP and I’m afraid to play ranked because I’ll just lose the points.

Feel free to add me for some free wins. A QT3 Battle Lounge night would also be cool.

@merryprankster

Looked at your Akuma replays- big thing I’m noticing is you are leaving damage on the table so much.

Go into training mode and look for combos off your 2-hit roundhouse, I’m pretty sure you can link after that. You also twice had a chance to kill with meter and didn’t take it. Also didn’t trigger when you had the chance.

But… these things are hard!

That reminds me, I need to start buffering fireballs or something as Ken when I do medium punch and kick pokes. I don’t know how to pressure safely that way with Ken. Does it work just like Ryu?

With Ken, I don’t think buffering fireball is all that useful, it may even be unsafe on block. EX fireball is + on block, and is a good pressure string.

I’m not too familiar with Ken, as I don’t play him and rarely see him online played well.

What you’d want to be prepared for with a b+MP is to follow with a fierce target combo into SRK if it hits.

Thanks for taking a minute to check out my matches. I’m definitely struggling with Akuma combos in match still (and AA for that matter), but hopefully I can get that muscle memory down soon. Definitely enjoying Akuma in actual matches more than either Ken or Ryu though, so that’s good. :)

I’ll look into links off the Roundhouse target combo, I didn’t know that linked. Thanks for the advice!

Outside of acclimating to the different buttons I’ve been working on the s.MK > l.Tatsu > DP combo. I can do it pretty reliably in practice, but haven’t been able to do it in game yet. More practice I suppose. Any other “bread and butter” combos I should look into practicing?

I like the Ken stuff since it’s so flashy and fiery, but Akuma just seems to make more “sense” to me in actual games. I think you are right that Ken is unsafe on block for Fireballs, pretty sure I’ve heard that on stream from MDZ_Jimmy.

Anyone interested in a QT3 Scrub Squad battle Lounge tonight? (Non-Scrubs also welcome)

I’m thinking 7:30pm EST?

Also Depending on how many people we have I like the “take a knee” rule, where if you run the room all the way through you drop to the bottom. One of the Lounges I play in occasionally does that and it helps deal with wildly varying skill levels so you are not always playing the same person.

Thoughts?

Post your CFN (NOT Steam or PSN) and I’ll add people who want to play to my favorites in game.

I’m up for it!

my CFN is deliriumxtrigger

Cool Lounge will be up at 7:30pm EST.

Character Select: On
First to 2 (we’ll drop to 1 if it gets crowded)
Password: 1212

I’ll try to send invites too, bit this way people can join even if I’m in a game (I’m also less likely to accidentally dismantle the lounge this way).

Trying to buy the game off Fanatical but the now the game won’t activate in Canada. Hopefully it will get resolved soon so I can join you guys and gals.

I forgot that I have plans tonight. I can play around 9:30 EST if you’re still playing, or pretty much any other day this week.

No worries. If the lounge is up hop in for a few!

I don’t think I can make it to a lounge this week, sorry. My media consumption time is already reserved for other things. But I’m itching to play so who knows.

It seems like a lot of Ken is based off hit-confirming that b.MP, which looks really hard to me.

Well, I guess I’m going to head off to the boardgame night then since lounge looks like a bust.

I’ll probably hop on around 9:30 once I get back though @delirium. I’ll ping you if I see you on.

Can I join the QT3 SF group? CFN is Jabjabuppercut. Just got the game a few hours ago.

GG @delirium. BTW play some ranked, Rookie my ass! ;)