Stupid shit you see on Facebook

Local woman arrested for attempted murder (huge news for a town of 7k people). Local PD puts out public notice on Facebook (as they tend to do for any major crimes or arrests). Dude, presumably a friend or family, chimes in with:

what gives you the right to blast this information on facebook, you should be invesigated for violation of her civil rights.

Yes, it’s a violation of civil rights to publicly acknowledge public information. Also apparently he loves secret trials. You know the government should just arrest people, not say anything about it. That’ll work out fine.

“Whatever happened to Jeff anyway?”

“Police took him in the night, never saw him again.”

“Oh, that seems fine.”

Not being on Facebook (and not planning to at any time in the future) I was unaware the police reported arrests there. I suppose they are no different than any other business now that blows their own horn on Facebook.

They don’t report everything, but big things like drug busts and the like tend to make it.

I mean it’s in the local paper. Heck it’s in basically every paper in the state. It’s basically a press release by them.

Yeah, pet much every police department in America reports crime and arrests to the local paper.

This is also the source of the absolutely amazing “police reports illustrated”.
https://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2015/05/15/22220437/police-reports-illustrated-followed-off-the-bus-by-a-suspicious-man

Dude must like Trump cause he’s tripling down.

Innocent until proven guilty, the Presumption of innocence follows the 5th, 6th and 14th of the U.S. Constitution of persons accused of crimes.

You heard it hear folks, the Constitution prevents even being accused of a crime. Law doesn’t exist, rob banks, if they arrest you for it, sue them for violation of your civil rights.*

• I am not a lawyer and don’t actually do this you’ll be in prison for a long time

I know they release the info, that is no surprise. Drug busts and arrests are common in the paper. I just had no idea the local PD did all that on Facebook.

They do a lot of announcement stuff there.

If a road is going to be closed, if there is an emergency situation/weather warning, etc, etc.
It’s a decent system since it reaches a lot of people instantly these days.

Usually it’s stuff like “Road X is closed because of a fallen tree” or the like, but anytime there is a drug bust or the like they use it to toot their own horns about it. Usually it’s thanking some person or organization for cookies.

No idea how you read this from what you quoted, it just sounds like he’s trying to prevent trial by social media. Maybe there’s more to it though, since the earlier quote you had did sound silly.

No, he literally said the police department acknowledging an arrest is a violation of her civil rights.
That was the follow up when I said that isn’t the case and cited him law that says arrests legally have to be part of the public record.

He’s equating social media with an actual court of law. Saying that even mentioning someone is arrested presumes their guilt. Then he cited Amendments as if they are even a factor.

If you have the law on your side, argue the law; if you have the facts, argue the facts; if you have neither, pound the table.

What if you don’t have a table?

Pound your chest and be on Trump’s favorite channel

(Is it Gorilla? Is it Fox? Works for both)

If you haven’t got a penny, a ha ’ penny will do: If you haven’t got a ha ’ penny , then God bless you!

Thoughts and prayers. Of course, its obvious once pointed out!

Very well done, sir. Very well done.

Also seasonally appropriate… kudos!

Spent a good chunk of time on some randos Facebook page. It’s a little nuts what people share publically.

and this literally made me lol

Scott Biddle is an imbecile.

It would be so awesome if Trump caught the flu and died from it

I would not be surprised at all to find out some of the anti-vaccine and flu nuts actually get their shots in secret. Not all of them believe what they peddle. They want the attention and the money.