Stupid shit you see on Facebook

It came from a comment made by a Hispanic Trump supporter.

“My culture is a very dominant culture, and it’s imposing and it’s causing problems. If you don’t do something about it, you’re going to have taco trucks on every corner.”

That was Marco Gutierrez, founder of the group Latinos for Trump, issuing a dire warning to the United States in an interview with Joy Reid on MSNBC on Thursday night.

America’s response? Mmm, tacos!

The biggest promotion of the year for the Triple AAA baseball team here is “Taco Truck Night”, which is so big now it is a two day event. There are also Taco festivals held here a couple times a year.

We have fallen in love with a couple places that make fish and shrimp tacos, along with short rib and salmon tacos.

No, tacos are no longer just a Mexican thing.

But they are a delicious thing.

There was a reason the collective ‘liberal’ response to the Latinos for Trump ‘taco truck on every corner’ threat was ‘yes please!’

Which is awesome, it’s just that… tacos existed in America before food trucks became popular. I don’t know, it’s a bit of a “you kids get off my lawn” from me to the kids who think if it’s not artisanal, organic, fair trade, or ingeniously sources, ethnic cuisine by ethnic people, or existed before said kids were aware of it, it doesn’t count thing /grousing.

I think part of the problem though is how many people grew up thinking Taco Bell made an edible product and that the Mexican place in their area was actually good. While it may have been, odds are it wasn’t. I think Mexican food has been reborn into kind of a modern updated combination of flavors that often have their bases in real Mexican dishes.

Yea, that’s true. Millennials are if anything foodies, and the generic “ground meat/yellow cheese on fried corn shell from Old El Paso” taco just isn’t going to cut it anymore. When they say “taco” they mean “modern foodie taco with influences and ingredients from across Latin America”. And that’s why food trucks work, because they taste more exotic. Even, dare i say, more “authentic” to them, just from the ambience of buying from a food truck. Pretty sure i could sell New Mexico style green chili tacos out of a food truck in LA and get away with it.

How are you not getting this? Trump supporter stupidly warns “Oh no, taco trucks!” Liberals then proceed to mock it by completely inverting his intent into “Yay, taco trucks.”

It’s really not complicated. Stop trying to make simple things complicated.

No to be clear, you’re right, but the food truck /taco thing way predates this particular Trump supporter being dumb. Meta discussion.

Does it? I mean I’d never really heard anyone talk about it until that guy started it.
It was such a random statement, that’s what made it stand out so much to most people.

Guess what that spike correlates with.

Doesn’t even need to be Latin American stuff in the tacos - I get some amazing ahi tacos at my local brewpub and I am one happy dude.

We go to a certain place on the central coast a couple times a year, sometimes just for the day, for a meal of salmon and shrimp tacos with an order of BBQ’d oysters, with a microbrew. It doesn’t get any better than that.

2 Presidents, 2 floods. One went on a two week vacation and donated $0, the other cut his vacation short to volunteer and donate $1 million dollars of his own money.
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 Posted on the President Trump Fans page. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21317854_1615489475151806_854487748487214388_n.jpg?oh=85a1dac07a95fb3f79a3dcde3401b7bd&oe=5A564D18

And he’s literally carrying empty buckets.

Where’s the canceled check from that “personal” donation? That would clear up a few doubts.

Trump is a fucking hero. Guys skips 18 holes to fly to Houston for a cup of coffee, and then donates $1M from the money he’s raking in from the Secret Service staying at his club.

At least, if he keeps this up, he’ll at least rehabilitate Warren G. Harding’s reputation as one of the worst if not the worst embarrassments as a president.

“Promises to”. Is there any evidence yet that he actually donated anything?

Proof? I don’t need no stinking proof. I’m just relying on his honor.

Oh, wait…

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21751945_1163464737087764_2327889130621498807_n.jpg?oh=2cf11e098df9b0daf7e1e01d7348e74c&oe=5A43A270