Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Red Rocks Canyon, Nevada:

Vegas from Red Rocks:

The Confluence at La Verkin, Utah:

Snow shower near Virgin, Utah:

The classic Zion view:

Court of the Patriarchs:

Lower Emerald Pool:

— Alan

Awesome pics there! And they’re all so clean and crisp!

Wow, they’re beautiful pics!

I did some hiking over the weekend in grey, wet and windy Wales (the first in a looong time, and loved it).

No colour lives here.

They’re not a patch on @Alan_Dunkin’s of course, but thought I’d share something a bit bleaker, haha :-D I was quite happy with the panoramas – they usually end up pretty underwhelming.

Kudos to all the great pics above. So purty!

Yes sir. I get save-pay, so I can move away for a couple of years and not take a pay cut. It’ll be good for me to have a new work environment, especially as some of my best friends at work have relocating away. :)

I’m going to have to watch out for bitey and pokey things. :P I keep telling myself that it’s a 6-7 hour drive from NoCo to where I like to go hiking, so maybe with flights there it won’t be too much longer…

@geggis in that second picture, what am I seeing? Some sort of weird trench? I am very intrigued and want to visit.

@Alan_Dunkin I love that waterfall!

Also, @CraigM, that has kinda a LoTR feel to it. :D

Hey, if you find yourself out in Portland while I’m still out here, let me know and we can hit up some of my favorite hikes (weather permitting)

Ah, now you mention it it is a very flat image! The yellow-ish grass sections are slopes leading down to a narrow cutting with rough rocky cliffs lining it. The photo above it is from the inside of the cutting looking up.

@CraigM be careful because I’ll take you up on that like a creepy remora fish!

@geggis that makes sense now. I was very confused at first. My brain really didn’t expect to see that cut!

Took the family to the LightUp Festival in Loudoun VA last night and saw this pretty cool dragon (zoom in to see what is is made from):

Lots of other colorful displays there as well. If you are in the area, you can drive around it a see a lot without having to go inside. Last night is tonight.

New Year’s eve fireworks, Sydney Harbour

Those are great pictures, @Simonout. Thank you for sharing.

Nice! Thank you for the share.

Always love seeing updates to this thread. @grahamiam your dragon pictures might have made me see @Simonout 's picture of the bridge as also quite the dragon. :P Nice pictures!

Those are incredible fireworks displays. You captured so much detail with a decent exposure. Very nice.

Great stuff, krayzkrok. Dayum.

Very nice pictures.

Yes, wonderful shots.
That one of the penguin’s leg is absolutely fascinating.

Outstanding! Hopefully you didn’t also bring back any frostbite to go with those great shots.

Why is a penguin ass the essence of a penguin? It’s a cool shot (they all are), and I keep staring at it, but you make me think I am missing something with the above comment.