Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

I believe that is She-Ra.

No, She-Ra has very different styling.

That appears to be a custom gender-swap He-man figure.

Haven’t had a ton of time to go through Bryce Canyon photos yet. We didn’t get to spend more than a few hours here; most of the trails were still closed and right after we left most of the main road was too. Still, was a sight to behold.

— Alan

Great shots. I especially like the first with teh rock framing the green trees and snow elsewhere.

Thanks it’s one of my favorites too.

— Alan

I need some advice if you guys would be willing to help. I recently got my girlfriend a new mirrorless “intro” camera for her birthday, and she absolutely loves it. But if anything she is a tablet person, not a PC person. Do any of you use tablet based image editing software that can make recommendations on what to get or avoid for the Android platform? There appears to be a million choices, and I’m sure some are overpriced fluff.

Are you moving pictures over from the camera to the Android device?

— Alan

Yes. Fujifilm has a pretty crappy app but it works for that. Sloooowly. It’s their CameraRemote app.

When I take and edit photos on my phone I usually use Adobe Lightroom Mobile to do edits. It’s free to use, will do most things you’d want to do on a mobile device, and works pretty well. It’ll work with RAWs as well as compressed formats.

— Alan

Well heck that’s excellent to know. I’ll start by steering her in that direction.

I’m pretty sure it’s free, but don’t remember for sure. I started using it a long time ago and since I already have a subscription everything kinda blends together.

— Alan

No worries, Alan. Anything right now is better than nothing. I wouldn’t have immediately thought of Adobe products on a tablet, but it makes sense if they have the right features.

When I checked out lightroom on my phone, it wanted payment / sub details, so I stuck with Snapseed, which is pretty decent for a quick edit…

Just double-checked and it’s definitely free, so not sure what you’re running into.

— Alan

Ok, thanks! Let me give it another go… Perhaps I selected a different version?
Or its very possible I’m just stupid!

The Hungarian Parliament Building, Budapest.
Built when Hungary was still part of the Austro-Hungarian empire, and before Hungary lost half it’s territory after WWI, half of this enormous building is no longer needed for government functions.

Some select choices from my recent trip to the British Virgin Islands

Simon your capture of the lighting in that pic is amazing.

Thanks! Lightroom is my friend. It’s very well lit, which helps.