Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

I’m not sure if this will be available to you but some Paw Patrol episodes are available legally on Youtube. The local broadcaster for me is TV Ontario and their TVOkids Youtube channel has episodes. I’m not sure of IP addresses geolocating outside of Ontario, Canada would be able to access these.

Sitting in the airport watching the police chase down a very angry man and his son. The problem? Son left his phone on the plane and they wouldn’t let him back on to get it. He starts slamming his first into his bag and profanity from both of them, the mom just looks sad and her son starts yelling at her too.

I’m about 12 hours of travel in to a 16 hour trip. To tired to get angry about much. All left my sight, but I suspect getting pulled from their next plane won’t improve their mood.

I know phones are expensive so it’s understandable to be upset, but it’s a guaranteed meltdown if you try to take away a teen’s phone. You can ground a kid and that’s ok, but take the phone away? World War III.

I can understand being upset, but man this was like… Rage. They called the cops because these guys looked like the we’re two steps away from physical violence. This wasn’t a small teen. He looks like he could beat someone up.

I honestly think they would have calmed down though without the cops, but I’ve never seen a young man b eat his luggage like punching bag before.

“Does ‘phone’ mean something different in the future?”

-xtien

It must be the key to the kingdom. I hope their Christmas would up being better than their Eve.

Could you or someone explain that to me LOL? I thought the idea of soap was to delicately wash away stuff from your body, and when it was stuck to oneself, you moved to Lava soap ie. sandpaper soap.

Pine Tar Soap sounds both caustic and/or sticky. o.O

So the TV and internet went out last night. We saw a Spectrum truck on our block and we went to bed. TV and connection fine this morning. Around noon both go out again. I see the truck back. Two hours later, still nothing, truck gone. So I call Spectrum. Lady says no outages in my area. Oh wait, your house has no connection. Nobody else, just me. She sets up an appointment. Guy gets here and goes to work.

“The previous guys cut your cable. Removed about four feet and didn’t replace it. They must have been in a hurry.”

The bleeding fuck?

Everything back now. Tomorrow Spectrum is getting one pissed off phonecall. I expect I’ll get a discounted rate if I play my cards right.

Back to POE.

“This can be easily solved, sir, one moment. Ah, I see the issue now. You aren’t part of our enhanced streaming package with additional post meridiem coverage.”

“Would you like to upgrade your account with me over the phone?”

Took the wife and kids on a small day trip from the in-laws’ place in south Jersey over to Philadelphia today. Spent most of it at the Franklin Institute, which the kids really enjoyed though it was crazy crowded and loud. Got some pizza and came back, we were all wiped. Didn’t think it would take it all out of us like that. But, glad we did it.

Didn’t PA get six feet of snow in two days?

Possibly, though doesn’t look like Philly did.

That was up in the Northwest part of the state, by lake Erie.

So today my father-in-law took us for a drive on the South Beach Island, or SBI as the locals call it. It was deserted of course at this time of year, but I was amused by the names of some of the shops I saw - Just Bead It, How You Brewin’?, and OH FUDGE.

Our local RPG Meetup hosts its monthly casual meet hangouts at Deja Brew coffee shop. Which changed its name from It’s a Grind coffee shop a couple of years ago.

I’d probably be more amused if I didn’t hate coffee :-D

Slightly brown person here who left the country for a little while can now report she was allowed back in. It was risk I had to take.

Seriously though, this has to be one of the least eventful trips, for me, when it comes to traveling and one of the longest. Out was about 16 hours in airplanes and airports, back around 14.

I did get to see the angry man and his son, also a lady wheeled out on a stretched, she was conscious so not sure what was going on there, and a young lady was refused a seat on our plane. They said she was too drunk. She wasn’t doing anything, just quietly sitting there, very slow respond and walk. She could have been on medication for all I knew. I was kind of worried for my fellow Southern Oregonian because what do they do when they refused you a seat on the last plane in. Like where does she sober up?

Holy crap, how drunk do you have to be to be denied flight? Because I have been on some trips with some seriously drunk-ass people.

I have no idea why they refused her. I am pretty once if they got her in her seat she would have just fallen asleep. She wasn’t making noise or anything. She did get up with a group of too eager people to board the plane when clearly the plane was still being unloaded, but was the only one who seemed confused when they didn’t call the zones.

She did literally nothing. I think it was an overreach on the gate agents’ part.