The 2023 20:20 Frame Game

The Stranger?

Not The Stranger.

New 40

Nothing, eh? Well, here’s a 60:

I know people have seen this…

It looks super familiar, but I can’t put a movie to it.

Well, time to call it, I guess. The film was 2020 indie horror movie “Anything for Jackson”, about the length some grandparents will go for their post-living grandchildren. A little bit messy in terms of narrative, but there were several really effectively creepy sequences that made it worthwhile, I think.

New movie soon(ish…maybe in the morning, unless I get home sooner than I think I will).

OK, here’s a new one:

I’m going to guess Remo Williams just because that looks like him. Maybe a flashback to the Army I don’t necessarily recall.

It is not Remo Williams.

How do I not know this? 80’s Powers Booth in a Vietnam (presumably) movie? I gotta go with ones I haven’t seen in a long time. Hacksaw Ridge? Wait, that’s recent. It’s not Hamburger Hill. It’s not Pork Chop Hill. Man, those hills make you hungry.

Uhh… Southern Comfort?

Yep, Southern Comfort it is!

Walter Hill’s post-Deliverance thriller about a platoon of soldiers on a drill in the Louisiana swamps who run afoul of the local good ol’ boys. It was a flop on release, but I think time has been pretty kind to it. A little contrived at points, but still manages to ratchet up the tension.

All yours @anonymgeist!

Walter Hill is almost always worth watching

The reason why that qualifier is necessary:

I’d never heard of that one, but yikes.

The new 20:20

Tick, tock, tick, tock…

Ugh–sorry! I was thinking this morning that I should probably put a new frame up, but haven’t had a chance. I’ll post the 40:40 when I get home from work this evening.