The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Jack Kingston is a complete imbecile.

Man, it’s got to feel bad to get schooled by Don Lemon.

yanking health care from sick kids to benefit GOP donor insurance companies?

Finally, parents and Florida pediatricians raise questions about the true reasons why Florida’s Republican administration switched the children’s health plans. They question whether it was to financially reward insurance companies that had donated millions of dollars to the Republican Party of Florida.
“This was a way for the politicians to repay the entities that had contributed to their political campaigns and their political success, and it’s the children who suffered,” said Dr. Louis St. Petery, former executive vice president of the Florida chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Experts outside Florida are also disturbed that the children were switched out of CMS, a program that’s served as a model for other states for more than 40 years.
“CMS is well-known and well-respected,” said Dr. James Perrin, professor of pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. “It’s one of the earlier programs to build in assurances that these kids get the kind of care they need.”
“These are the sickest and most vulnerable kids, and (changing their insurance) can mean life or death for them,” said Joan Alker, executive director of the Center for Children and Families at Georgetown University. “This is really very troubling.”

LJ was one of 13,074 Florida children kicked off CMS – that’s about one in five children in the program – as a result of the telephone survey, according to a presentation, testimony and a letter from Florida’s top health officials.
Stroud thinks back to her answer to the nurse’s question about limitations.
“That question’s not fair,” Stroud said of the one that got her child kicked off CMS. “What [the Florida Department of Health] did was totally wrong.”

“It was a trick question,” she added.

National Review counts as the GOP right?

I can’t fucking even.

Of course that’s what he fucking looks like.

That’s one of the most breathtakingly stupid things I’ve ever read. National Review published that dreck?

I suppose they feel they have to pander to kneejerk antileft wingnuts or they will lose the few friendly readers they have left at this point. Or else… could it be that even literate conservatives are stupid, malicious, and racist? Say it aint so…

If the poor and lower middle class were just a bit whiter, I think the GOP would support them. Their conservative ideology is just pretense.

Not in a million years would the GOP support the poor, no matter their color. However, if the wealthy in the US were more ethnically integrated, the GOP would be less racist.

They truly are the snowflakes.

I don’t really have a problem with a politician blocking people on Twitter, especially without knowing more of what the “negative tweet” was. That could be anything from “Your support of law X or position Y is shameful!” to “You’re a stupid ugly cunt, go kill yourself”.

Thin skinned? I guess, but there’s plenty of people online I’ve blocked communication from.

Pretty sure Reagan Battalion isn’t shitpoasting.

Also she is an crazy person that drinks Trump’s Kool-aid like it’s champagne.

“Never Trump RINO Jeff Flake” is present in… damned near every single retweet. Except for the ones where she’s fondling Trump’s sack… which usually also mentions Never Trump RINOs. Also random Drain the Swamps, because it’s always good to remind people of promises Trump has broken.

She’s the worst of what the GOP has become.

Oh, I wasn’t defending her. She seems like a jackbooted Trumpette with the intellectual curiosity of a shovel, from what little I’ve read about her. I just don’t know if I really have any issue with someone, even a candidate, blocking someone on Twitter.

Not to say that someone doesn’t just come along and explain to me why it’s a bad thing, at which point I’d be willing to change my mind. :)

The problem is that if you are in the government, then blocking another user is effectively censoring them.

This doesn’t apply to Kelly Ward, since she’s not in the government.

Because they’re public figures. There is a mute function that keeps you from reading shit from people you don’t like.

If you can’t deal with people disagreeing with you on Twitter and you’re running for office… you probably shouldn’t be running for office. Especially when the people disagreeing with you are “fellow” conservatives.

Now hang on. You dudes know full well what kind of lowlife mouth breathers exist on the internet solely to grief other people. Go look at the comments on some of Tom’s reviews that dare to step outside the expected mean average score if you need a quick example. I have to imagine politicians face even worse than that on a daily basis. If they need to separate the wheat from the chaff, so be it.

That’s what mute is for. It prevents you from seeing a tweet, without limiting their ability to post information to other people in response to you.

That is the appropriate response from a public figure, as it does not involve the same censorship that occurs if you block someone.

Then they can mute them.

Muting them = you never read their shit and they don’t even know.
Blocked = they can’t read your shit.

I wasn’t aware of the distinction between mute and block. In that case, yeah, I have no problems with a candidate or politician muting someone. I still don’t have an issue with a candidate blocking someone in theory, but that changes once they’re an elected official, like Timex mentioned above.

I don’t think it’s a particularly good look because it makes you look thin-skinned, but I don’t have problems with it.

I’m with Kevin, I don’t use Twitter and am not well versed on its intricacies. I’m still not sure how just muting someone is better really, since either way the tweeter seems to take issue with the fact that they aren’t being heard, but either way I think a person ought to have the option to tune blowhards out.