The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/va-gop-northam-turned-back-on-heritage-by-calling-for-confederate-monuments-to-come-down/2017/08/23/a5b3edf6-882d-11e7-a50f-e0d4e6ec070a_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_vagop557pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Eric Boehlert, a writer, trolled the state Republican Party by tweeting, “It’s almost like yr trying to erase history when you deleted the tweets…#monuments.”

At least they admitted the error and corrected it, rather than insisting Nintendo was founded in 1985 and everything else is Fake News.

Small victories.

GOP: fuck it we might be with Nazis

This is just rumor still, so I’ll wait to get outraged if it really happens.

But this does seem to be fear guiding the GOP. It’s almost as if pardoning the Arizona sheriff and recent poll numbers frightened them enough to get on board the Trump train.

And if so, along with the apparent willingness of Trump to float the idea that the election was somehow invalid I am increasingly worried.

I used to work with a man that was a volunteer with the Maricopa sheriff’s department, and Arpaio is every bit the piece of shit you think he is and was a corrupt SOB too

So I guess we can at least start seeing some civil suits being brought up against this motherfucker?

Because of course they do.

First against the wall.

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/901215525128343552

Not really a rumor, they just haven’t decided if they’re going to do it.

I mean this probably doesn’t break the top ten of reasons why Cruz should be.

Why must he be so persecuted?!

Yeah, this is really something that disgusts me with these assholes.

These people were trying to destroy FEMA probably right up until the moment the storm hit land and the second it is officially “over,” they will start doing it again.

I would hope people in Texas would think about this the next time they vote in another idiot, but i doubt they will. I don’t think some of these people will change until a disaster happens and there is no FEMA to help them because of their actions.

They voted against aid for Katrina FFS.

And just before Harvey wreaks havoc in Houston, trump evokes Obama EO on higher standards for flood protection:

Man it really seems like he’s on a vendetta against Obama and anything Obama did, damn the consequences or goodness of what Obama did.

Obama isn’t white, right?

That’s been the guiding focus of his entire administration. Not jobs or walls, just undo whatever Obama did regardless of what it was.

This was passed and takes effect on Friday.